Thai Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp. In the mean time, take a wok or a skillet to saute garlic in olive oil for about one minute until fragrant. Add the rest of the sauce ingredient, except cilantro, and stir until the sauce thickens a bit. A little sweet, a little savory and a little spicy, this Thai sweet chili garlic shrimp is so appetizing that you may need to cook more rice ahead of time.
This wonderful Thai shrimp recipe is easy to make and superb for a party. Medium to jumbo shrimp are tossed in a spicy chili-garlic sauce, then broiled in the oven for just a few minutes. Add toothpicks and serve as a party food, or enjoy with rice as a main entree. You can have Thai Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Thai Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp
- It’s of Ingredients for shrimp:.
- Prepare 1 of egg beaten.
- You need 12-15 of medium shrimp shelled.
- It’s 1/4 cup of tapioca flour.
- It’s of Ingredients for sauce:.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of Thai sweet chili sauce.
- It’s 2 Tablespoon of lime juice.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of thinly sliced chili pepper optional.
- You need 2 Tablespoon of cilantro chopped to garnish.
While rice cooks, make the Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp. Remove any discolored outer leaves from bok choy. I love shrimp, especially when I cook shrimp with chili. This chili shrimp recipe is made of shrimp, Thai sweet chili sauce and lime.
Thai Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp instructions
- Line the fryer basket with grill mat or a sheet of lightly greased aluminum foil..
- Dip the shrimps in eggs first then dredge them in tapioca flour. Shake off excess flour and place them in the fryer basket. Spray some oil onto the shrimps and air fry at 380F (190C) for 6-7 minutes, flip once in the middle, until shrimps are cooked through..
- In the mean time, take a wok or a skillet to saute garlic in olive oil for about one minute until fragrant. Add the rest of the sauce ingredient, except cilantro, and stir until the sauce thickens a bit..
- When the shrimps are done, toss the shrimps in the sauce to coat..
To spice up the heat level, I added some Roaster brand chili garlic sauce. The shrimp is spicy, sticky, sweet and savory, with the citrusy tang of lime juice. Remove skillet from stove to cool down slightly, turn down to medium. Return skillet to stove, heat sesame oil. Add garlic, ginger and chilli flakes.