Bibimbap Style Namul & Crumbly Ground Meat over Rice. It's an incredible dish to try out different varieties of Korean greens (namul). Namul can be made out of any vegetable, herb or green. Typically, the roots, leaves, stems, or sprouts are quickly blanched, squeezed, then seasoned with soy sauce and tossed with perilla oil.
I used "Easy * Bean Sprouts, Peppers, and Carrot Namul (Korean-Style Salad) * "to make a bibimbap style dish. *I didn't use it in the photo, but feel free to add some kimchi to the toppings. *If making for children,. It features delicious vegetable namul's, steamed fish and a variety of jeon (coated and pan-fired fish and vegetables). Unlike other bibimbap, it's served with soy sauce instead of spicy gochujang sauce. You can have Bibimbap Style Namul & Crumbly Ground Meat over Rice using 24 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bibimbap Style Namul & Crumbly Ground Meat over Rice
- Prepare 4 of servings Plain cooked rice.
- It’s 4 of Poached eggs.
- You need of Kimchi, optional.
- Prepare of 《Namul Ingredients》.
- Prepare 1 of bag Bean sprouts.
- It’s 2 of Green pepper.
- It’s 5 cm of Carrot.
- It’s 1 tsp of ◆Chicken soup stock granules.
- You need 1 tsp of ◆Soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ◆Vinegar.
- It’s 1 dash of ◆Salt.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ◆Sesame oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ◆Ground sesame seeds (white).
- Prepare 1 dash of ◆Grated garlic or garlic powder.
- You need of 《Crumbly Ground Meat Ingredients》.
- You need 200 grams of Mixed ground beef and pork.
- You need 100 ml of ◎Water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of ◎Sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of ◎Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ◎Mirin.
- It’s 1/2 piece of ◎ ginger.
- You need 1/2 clove of ◎ garlic.
- You need to taste of ◎ Grated ginger & grated garlic.
- It’s 2 tsp of ◎ Gochujang.
Traditionally, vegetables namul's are served on top of rice in a large brass bowl and the rest is served on a bronze plate. Gaji namul (seasoned eggplant) is a must try too, at least once, if you have the time to make it, it's delicious. Flank steak or filet mignon, seasoned with soy sauce, sesame oil and seeds, garlic and sugar is the traditional addition to bibimbap if meat is desired. Bulgogi is an excellent option as well.
Bibimbap Style Namul & Crumbly Ground Meat over Rice instructions
- Rinse and drain the bean sprouts. Cut the green bell pepper and carrot into matchstick strips. The thinner the strips, the shorter the cooking time and the better the flavor will be absorbed..
- Place the vegetables from Step 1 into a heat-proof bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave at 600W for 3 minutes. Check on it halfway through..
- After microwaving, place in a colander to drain the moisture..
- Transfer to a bowl and combine with the ◆ ingredients while still hot. This completes the namul..
- Place the ◎ ingredients into a pot. Bring it to a boil. Add the ground meat and mix well as it simmers on medium heat..
- Once the liquid evaporates and becomes 1/3 the original amount, add the gochujang. Simmer until there is barely any liquid left..
- Pile rice in a bowl and top with the namul, crumbly ground meat, poached egg, (and optional kimchi) and enjoy..
Prepare the rice in a ddukbaeggi (claypot). Haeju bibimbap is noted for using kimchi, namul, and seasoned soy sauce. Andongheotjesabab is also a type of bibimbap, but the origin and history behind it is different from the rest. Based on jang: Gochujang is the main mixing sauce for Jeonju bibimbap. Seasoned soy sauce is used for Haeju bibimbap and thistle namul bibimbap.