Bibimbap. Bibimbap (BEE-beem-bop): One of the most popular dishes in Korean cuisine, bibimbap is a nutritious rice dish of steamed rice and pre-cooked vegetables (usually spinach, bean sprouts, carrots. Along with kimchi, bibimbap takes its place among the favored foods in Korean cuisine. Literally meaning 'mixed rice,' it's a popular meal consisting of white rice topped with vegetables, beef, a whole egg, and gochujang (red chili pepper paste).
Bibimbap is served as a bowl of warm white rice topped with namul (sautéed and. Bibimbap (비빔밥) is a large bowl of rice topped with an array of individually prepared vegetables and meat and served with a gochujang (고추장) sauce. Bibim means mixing, and bap means rice. You can have Bibimbap using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bibimbap
- It’s of Meat and meat sauce.
- It’s 100 grams of beef.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare of Vegetables and other.
- It’s 200 grams of mildly seasoned spinach.
- It’s 350 grams of mildly seasoned bean sprout.
- You need 100 grams of shiitake mushroom.
- Prepare 120 grams of zucchini or carrot.
- You need 1/4 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 4 cup of steamed rice.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1 of vegetable oil to cook meat, mushroom, zucchini, eggs.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground salt.
- It’s 1 of Korean seasoned seaweed cutted in strips (optional).
- It’s of Bibimbap sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of gochujang.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of roasted sesame seed.
- It’s 1 tsp of vinegar.
- It’s 1 tsp of minced garlic.
Today's recipe is bibimbap, a super-popular Korean dish you might have heard about already! It's made of a bowl of rice, sautéed and seasoned vegetables (namul: 나물), a bit of hot pepper paste (gochujang: 고추장), and usually a bit of seasoned raw beef, too (yukhoe: 육회). Bibim (비빔) translates as "mixed," and bap (밥) means "cooked rice," so bibimbap literally means. Bibimbap – Trust the Koreans to transform the humble rice bowl into a recipe that's revered all around the world!
- For meat, mix the beef with the meat sauce listed. Leave it for 30 mins..
- Add some vegetable oil on the wok and cook the shiitake mushroom (thinly sliced) on medium high tohigh heat until they are all cooked..
- Wash, and cut the zucchini/carrot in strips. Add some vegetable oil and salt in a wok and cook the zucchini on medium high to high heat for 2-3 mins.
- Cook the marinated beef in a wok with a little amount of oil. Wait for it to turn light brown then turn off the heat..
- Make fried eggs (Sunny side up or anythingbyou want).
- Mix the bibimbap sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Put the rice into a bowl and add the meat, assorted vegetables, seasoned seaweed, egg and the bibimbap sauce on top of the rice..
- Serve it.
- Mix the ingredients well in the bowl and enjoy it..
With a kaleidoscope of seasoned sautéed vegetables, Korean marinated beef, and the signature fried egg, the thing that really seals the deal is the bright red, spicy Bibimbap Sauce that I can't get enough of. Mix it all up into one big delicious mess, then dig in! Bibimbap is to Korean cuisine what apple pie is to American cuisine. To eat, add a small amount of oil and desired amount of gochujang to your finished bowl and mix everything together with a spoon. While optional, if you want to add meat, both raw and cooked ground meat work well.