Bibimbap. Bibimbap (BEE-beem-bop): One of the most popular dishes in Korean cuisine, bibimbap is a nutritious rice dish of steamed rice and pre-cooked vegetables (usually spinach, bean sprouts, carrots. Along with kimchi, bibimbap takes its place among the favored foods in Korean cuisine. Literally meaning 'mixed rice,' it's a popular meal consisting of white rice topped with vegetables, beef, a whole egg, and gochujang (red chili pepper paste).
Bibimbap is served as a bowl of warm white rice topped with namul (sautéed and. Bibimbap (비빔밥) is a large bowl of rice topped with an array of individually prepared vegetables and meat and served with a gochujang (고추장) sauce. Bibim means mixing, and bap means rice. You can make Bibimbap using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bibimbap
- You need 150 grams of Ground beef.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ★Soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of ★Sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of ★Grated white sesame seeds.
- You need 1 clove of ★Minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★Chopped spring onion.
- You need 1 of ★White pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of ★Sesame oil.
- You need 1 bag of Bean sprouts.
- You need 1 medium of carrot Carrot Namul.
- Prepare 1 of bundle of spinach Spinach Namul.
- You need 1 bag of of bean sprouts Bean Sprout Namul.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1 of Gochujang.
Today's recipe is bibimbap, a super-popular Korean dish you might have heard about already! It's made of a bowl of rice, sautéed and seasoned vegetables (namul: 나물), a bit of hot pepper paste (gochujang: 고추장), and usually a bit of seasoned raw beef, too (yukhoe: 육회). Bibim (비빔) translates as "mixed," and bap (밥) means "cooked rice," so bibimbap literally means. Bibimbap – Trust the Koreans to transform the humble rice bowl into a recipe that's revered all around the world!
Bibimbap step by step
- Season the ground meat with the ★ ingredients. Let sit for 10 minutes. Stir-fry in a heated pan on high heat..
- Add a pinch of salt to the eggs, make an omelette and shred it thinly. Set aside. Prepare each of the other namul toppings and set aside..
- Serve rice in a bowl and top with the namul, the ground meat, and the shredded egg around the bowl in a circular arrangement. Garnish with gochujan..
- Mix everything together well and enjoy..
With a kaleidoscope of seasoned sautéed vegetables, Korean marinated beef, and the signature fried egg, the thing that really seals the deal is the bright red, spicy Bibimbap Sauce that I can't get enough of. Mix it all up into one big delicious mess, then dig in! Bibimbap is to Korean cuisine what apple pie is to American cuisine. To eat, add a small amount of oil and desired amount of gochujang to your finished bowl and mix everything together with a spoon. While optional, if you want to add meat, both raw and cooked ground meat work well.