Beef and vegetable Korean rice bowl aka bibimbap. You can simply serve bibimbap in a large bowl at room temperature. However, when it's served in a sizzling hot stone bowl , your dining experience will rise to the next level. The hot stone bowl gives the bottom layer of rice a nice golden crust, and the rest of the bowl sizzles while being mixed.
What I love is that you can add whatever meat of veg you want to it. Rinse and drain several times until the water runs clear. Bring to a boil and stir. You can have Beef and vegetable Korean rice bowl aka bibimbap using 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Beef and vegetable Korean rice bowl aka bibimbap
- It’s of Vegetables and rice.
- You need 2 of carrots cut into matchsticks.
- It’s 1 of courgette cut into matchsticks.
- It’s Half of bag of beansprouts.
- It’s Box of shiitake mushrooms.
- You need 3 of large handfuls of Spinach.
- You need 2 of x cooked rice pouches.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- It’s of Cooking sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of mirin.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves finely grated.
- It’s 1 tsp of freshly grated ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of toasted sesame seeds.
- It’s of Kimchi slaw.
- It’s Half of a red cabbage.
- Prepare Half of a red onion.
- Prepare 2 of carrots thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of kimchi paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white wine vinegar.
- It’s 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 300 g of lemongrass beef (see recipe).
- It’s 2-3 of fried eggs to serve.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let's go back to beef and vegetable korean rice bowl aka bibimbap recipe. Here is how you cook that. The ingredients needed to make Beef and vegetable Korean rice bowl aka bibimbap: Take Vegetables and rice Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining beef.
Beef and vegetable Korean rice bowl aka bibimbap step by step
- Prepare the beef according to the other recipe, allowing 1 hour to marinate..
- Finely shred / slice the veg for the kimchi slaw. Mix the kimchi paste, white wine vinegar and olive oil together and coat the veg. Set aside for later..
- Heat a heavy based pan with a tablespoon of sesame oil. Add the rice and leave to cook over a medium to low heat for 8-9 minutes..
- Then prepare the veg and mix together all of the ingredients for the cooking sauce..
- Meanwhile cook the veg, one at a time by heating another frying plan, adding 1 tbsp of the cooking sauce and cooking the first veg for 30 seconds in the sauce. Once cooked, place the veg on top of the rice. And move onto the next veg, following the same process..
- Once all veg is complete, add the marinated beef to the pan and cook for 3 minutes (I like mine to be pink) and add to the rice..
- Drizzle the remaining cooking sauce over the rice/ veg pot and fry the eggs..
- Fill a bowl with rice, veg and beef and top with a fried egg..
Bibimbap, sometimes found as Bi Bim Bap or Bi Bim Bop, is a Korean dish that consists of a bowl of white rice topped with vegetables, beef (or seafood) and a fried egg. It is served with gochujang (chili pepper paste) sauce and/or soy sauce. The word bibimbap means "mixed rice" and, therefore, the dish is meant to be stirred thoroughly before eating! Place a skillet over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil and stir-fry the pyogo mushrooms with a pinch of salt.