Caramel Apple Cake.
You can make Caramel Apple Cake using 14 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Caramel Apple Cake
- It’s 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 3 of medium apples diced small.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 cups of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar.
- You need 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- It’s of Caramel Sauce:.
- It’s 1-11 ounce of package caramels. I prefer Kraft Caramels.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy cream.
Caramel Apple Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees f..
- Generously grease and flour a 10 inch bundt pan making sure center is covered well..
- In mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking soda. Set aside..
- With a hand held or stand mixer, cream the oil, both sugars together until well combined. Add in vanilla..
- Add eggs 1 at a time, mixing well in between eggs..
- Gently fold in flour mixture just until incorporated. Add the 3 cups diced apples and gently fold a few times..
- The batter will be very thick. Spoon batter evenly in bundt pan. Tap to release air bubbles..
- Bake for about an hour and 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out with few moist crumbs..
- Let cake cool for 20 to 30 minutes and turn out onto cooling rack until completely cooled..
- Caramel Sauce:.
- Melt the caramels and heavy cream on medium low heat until smooth and creamy..
- Let cool 2 minutes then drizzle over cooled cake..
- Can use homemade caramel sauce if you prefer. I like adding seasalt to mine..
- I hope you enjoy!.