Egg Fried Rice. In a saucepan bring water, salt and soy sauce to a boil. Heat oil in a medium skillet or wok over medium heat. Stir in the rice, sauce mixture, eggs and roast pork until well mixed.
Add the beaten eggs and immediately add the rice, gently press down in small. Add the remaining oil, then tip in the egg mixture. Leave to cook a little, then mix in with the rice – stir vigorously to coat the. You can make Egg Fried Rice using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egg Fried Rice
- You need 1 cup of cooked cooled down white rice (I used one of those single serving instant rice cups).
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 4 of chopped green onions (yknow the real skinny ones? If that’s too much onion for you, use less).
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic (if too much, use less).
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 1 of sprinkle of black pepper to taste.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce, more or less. I eyeballed it tbh. A little goes a long way.
- You need 1 of dab of honey.
- You need 1 tablespoon of or so of olive oil.
Add the eggs and scramble for a few minutes, then remove them from the wok, and set side. Deceptively simple, but a huge favorite and crowd-pleaser. My egg fried rice recipe uses egg that's slightly flavored with turmeric and paprika, which I think is a unique addition. It adds color to the dish, making it a vibrant yellow.
Egg Fried Rice step by step
- Mix together eggs and cooked rice in a bowl thoroughly. Add in that pinch of salt and set aside.
- Oil to pan, low-medium heat. Add onions. Add garlic. let brown..
- I didn’t do this, but this would probably be the time to add in a protein like chicken or shrimp — or even some other veggies before you add in the rice/egg mixture..
- Add egg and rice mixture. Mix it in well with the other stuff. I had added the rest of the ingredient when the egg was more thoroughly cooked. I guess you could add it sooner but, you do you.
- Now add the soy sauce and honey in and mix them in the best you can. You may need to lower heat to a simmer to ensure that nothing burns. Also yeah, the honey is kind of weird I know. It’s a tinge of sweetness. Also add the pepper while you’re at it, fold that in the mix. Aaaand done! 😁.
Egg fried rice in its absolute purest form—nothing but eggs, rice, cooking oil, soy sauce, and scallions—is one of the simplest stir-fries around. But like all simple foods—pizza, grilled cheese, a roasted chicken&mash;it's the details of the process that elevate its basic ingredients into something transcendental. Transfer the eggs to a dish and turn off the heat. Here's what goes in Fried Rice Sauce: Chinese cooking wine or Mirin (secret ingredient!) – this is the secret to a really great fried rice that truly stacks up to your favourite Chinese restaurant. If you omit these, it will not taste like real Chinese takeout, however, see recipe for the best non-alcoholic subs.