Tofu and lemongrass egg-fried rice. When the rice is done, rinse with cold water and set aside. Make a space in the middle of the frying pan and melt a knob of butter. Mix the vegetables and rice together and add the tofu.
Add onion, lemongrass, ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring frequently, until onions are soft and translucent. Over medium heat, saute the onions in olive oil until translucent. Add garlic, chopped lemongrass and red chilli flakes, and stir until the lemongrass looks "melted". You can make Tofu and lemongrass egg-fried rice using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tofu and lemongrass egg-fried rice
- You need 150 g of rice.
- It’s 1 of red pepper.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- You need 1 of small tin of bamboo shoots.
- It’s 1 stalk of lemon grass.
- Prepare 1 head of broccoli.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 inches of fresh ginger.
- It’s 6 tbs of soy sauce.
- Prepare 200 g of natural tofu.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need to taste of salt, pepper, chilli flakes and soy sauce.
- It’s of Olive oil and butter for frying.
Move all ingredients to one half of the skillet and crack eggs into the empty half. Mix eggs and the rest of the ingredients until well combined. Season with remaining soy sauce and sugar; mix well. Crack the eggs into the well, then use a rubber spatula to start gently moving the eggs around to create big curds.
Tofu and lemongrass egg-fried rice step by step
- At least one hour before you want to start cooking, prepare and marinade the tofu. To do this, press the tofu between kitchen roll repeatedly until the kitchen roll no longer becomes damp from the tofu. Cut the tofu into chunks and put in a bowl. Add the soy sauce, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 inch of ginger (both chopped finely) and chilli flakes depending on your preference. You can also leave to tofu to marinade for a few hours or overnight for a stronger flavour..
- Start your rice cooking. In the meantime crack the two eggs in a bowl, whisk for 30 seconds and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside. Chop the veg..
- Fry the tofu and marinade in a pan for a few minutes on each side until it crisps up. Set aside on a plate. In a large frying pan fry the onions, broccoli, pepper, the rest of the ginger and the lemongrass in a generous drizzle of olive oil. After 5 minutes add the pepper and bamboo shoots. Cook for another 10 minutes or longer if you want your vegetables to be soft..
- When the rice is done, rinse with cold water and set aside. Make a space in the middle of the frying pan and melt a knob of butter. Fry the rest of the garlic for 2 minutes on a low heat then add the rice. Mix the vegetables and rice together and add the tofu..
- Push the rice mixture to the side of the pan and add the egg mixture. Stir the egg occasionally, and once it has scrambled mix it in well with the veg and rice..
- Season to taste with soy sauce, pepper and chilli flakes. Enjoy!.
Break in the tofu, then fold the rice back through the egg until it's all looking good. Place a large saute pan over medium heat. Add one tablespoon of the sesame oil, then add the ginger, smoked paprika, turmeric, and mashed tofu. To make the fried rice, in the same skillet as the tofu (or a wok), heat olive oil. Add garlic and ginger; saute for one minute or until fragrant.