Crunchy Barley Salad.
You can have Crunchy Barley Salad using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Crunchy Barley Salad
- You need 2 cups of Cooked Barley *See ‘Method’ section to find out how to cook Pearl Barley.
- Prepare 10 cm of Cucumber.
- Prepare 1/2 of small head Broccoli.
- It’s 1/2 of Carrot.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Edamame *IMPORTANT!.
- Prepare 1/2 of Capsicum.
- It’s 1/4 of Onion *finely chopped.
- It’s of Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoons of French Dressing.
Crunchy Barley Salad step by step
- Rinse 1 cup (180ml cup) Pearl Barley and place in the rice cooker’s inner pot, add Water up to the 2-cups-marking, and 1 pinch Salt. Press ‘COOK’ button to start cooking. When it is cooked, let it steamed for 10-15 minutes, then loosen. *Note: You can cook Pearl Barley using a saucepan. Just simmer until cooked..
- Cut Vegetables into small pieces. I recommend to blanch Broccoli..
- Place all the Vegetables and finely chopped Onion in a large bowl. Season with Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper. Add French Dressing and mix well..
- *Find "My French Dressing' recipe at https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/11742646-my-french-dressing.
- Add cooked Barley, and mix to combine..