Fluffy Stir-fried Bitter Melon and Eggs. Great recipe for Fluffy Stir-fried Bitter Melon and Eggs. I had half a bitter melon leftover and wanted to use it up, so I created this recipe. -Be careful not to overcook the eggs. When they become firm, remove them from the pan right away. -It's delicious even without salt and pepper, but if.
The bitterness of the melon (also known as bitter gourd) is balanced by the richness of the eggs. Put the bitter melon slices into a bowl and cover with cold water. Crack eggs into a bowl and beat well. You can have Fluffy Stir-fried Bitter Melon and Eggs using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Fluffy Stir-fried Bitter Melon and Eggs
- Prepare 1/2 of Bitter Melon.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Dashi stock granules.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Garlic soy sauce or soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of White sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of Salt.
Season with a pinch of salt. Place a non-stick pan over medium heat. This dish is like a combo of bitter melon stir fry and scrambled eggs. It comes together quickly, and is enough to be a complete meal when served with a big bowl of hot rice.
Fluffy Stir-fried Bitter Melon and Eggs instructions
- Cut the bitter melon in half, remove the seeds with a spoon, and thinly slice it into 5 mm slices. Lightly rub with salt and microwave for 1 minute. Pour into a strainer..
- Heat a frying pan well and pour in the vegetable oil. Add the eggs. When the eggs are half-cooked, immediately remove them from the heat..
- Add vegetable oil and stir-fry the bitter melon. Add the dashi stock granules and quickly stir-fry. Return the eggs to the pan and add the soy sauce indirectly by pouring it onto the inner edge of the pan. Stir-fry..
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper. Arrange on a dish and sprinkle on the sesame seeds..
- Bitter Melon TempuraBitter Melon Potato Salad https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/146207-easy-bitter-melon-and-potato-salad (see recipe).
- This is also delicious garnished with bonito flakes..
- Chicken and Okra With Umeboshi and Bonito https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143400-chicken-breast-and-okra-with-pickled-plums-and-bonito-flakes (see recipe).
- Teriyaki Eggplant https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/155190-teriyaki-eggplants (see recipe).
Aside from the bitter melon, the rest of the ingredients are common pantry ingredients like eggs, garlic, fish sauce, salt, and pepper. Add the crushed garlic and stir fry for a few seconds till aromatic. Add the bitter melon and toss well on high heat. Add the soy sauce and rice vinegar. Toss till the melon is tender.