Vickys Halloween Pizza 'P-Eyes' 👀 GF DF EF SF NF.
You can make Vickys Halloween Pizza 'P-Eyes' 👀 GF DF EF SF NF using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Vickys Halloween Pizza 'P-Eyes' 👀 GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 1 of amount of dough for a 12 inch pizza base – see my link below for a gluten, dairy, egg etc-free recipe.
- It’s of tomato pizza sauce, pesto or other sauce bases.
- It’s of white cheese (I like free-from everything Veganic brand shredded pizza cheese and Mozzarizella brand mozzarella block substitute).
- You need of chopped mushrooms or black olives (pupil).
- It’s of chopped bacon, pepperoni, green or yellow bell pepper, sweetcorn – anything you like for the coloured part of the eye (iris).
- Prepare 1 of thinly sliced red bell pepper (eyeball bloodvessels).
Vickys Halloween Pizza 'P-Eyes' 👀 GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400°F.
- Make the pizza dough and bake as required before topping – see my recipe for details or use a store bought plain one and follow the directions on the pack. From raw dough it's usually about 15 minutes before topping it then another 10 – 15 after topping https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/333309-vickys-homemade-pizza-dough-gf-df-ef-sf-nf (see recipe).
- You're best to pre-cook mushrooms and bacon first or else the juice / fat they release will make the pizza soggy – just a tiny splash of oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and cook until they don't release any more liquid, then they'll be ready to use on your pizza. Don't worry about the mushrooms overcooking on the pizza. They aren't technically vegetables so the normal rules don't apply! Cook them until they're brown. Just undercook the bacon slightly though. If using spinach for instance to make a beautiful green eye, wilt it first in a pan, pat it dry then add to the pizza after it comes out of the oven so it doesn't overcook or make your pizza wet. I like to soften my pepper strips in the frying pan to make them flexible to shape for this too.
- I like to spread garlic butter on top of the half cooked dough then on top of that tomato paste, pesto and grated cheese / cheese substitute. Add circles of mozzarella style cheese to make the whites of the 'eyes' https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/357071-vickys-savoury-compound-butters-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-free (see recipe).
- Now add your 'iris' on top of the cheese slices. I've used sliced pepperoni but you can use anything you like. Chopped green pepper, spinach, sweetcorn….
- Add the olives or mushrooms for the 'pupil'.
- You can also do one big eyeball by piling the chopped mushrooms / olives right in the middle then the chopped bacon / pepperoni / vegetables around them. Add some thinly sliced red peppers and shape into yucky bloodvessels around the iris.
- Now bake for 12 – 15 minutes or until the toppings are all cooked through and the base is crisp.
- If making one big eyeball, serve as a whole pizza then at the table use a fork to distribute the piled topping evenly over the whole surface before slicing in front of everyone.
- And it doesn't need to be scary for the kiddies either.