Creamy Zucchini Soup. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Gradually stir in the milk, water, bouillon, salt and pepper. Whisk warm milk, flour, and salt together in a bowl until smooth.
Healthy Cream of Vegetable Soup (Zucchinis are the secret ingredient for ultra low cal creamy white soup!) Chinese Zucchini Pancakes. Zucchini Tian (French Rice Bake) And more creamy soups! Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup – bid Heinz goodbye! You can have Creamy Zucchini Soup using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Creamy Zucchini Soup
- You need 1 of small onion.
- Prepare 1-2 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- You need 1/2 of large zucchini (or one medium zucchini, or 2-3 small ones).
- It’s 3/4 cup of potato flakes (I used Bob's Red Mill).
- You need 1 cup of vegetable stock.
- Prepare of Salt to taste.
- Prepare of Black pepper to taste.
Ham and Corn Chowder with Potato. Broccoli Potato Soup and Broccoli Cheese Soup. Saute onion in butter in a large saucepan until tender. Add the zucchini and broth; stir well.
Creamy Zucchini Soup instructions
- Peel and chop onion and garlic.
- Put olive oil in a saucepan, add onion and garlic. Cook over a low fire until transparent. (About 10 minutes.).
- Lightly salt..
- While onion and garlic are cooking, remove seeds from zucchini and chop roughly..
- Add zucchini to saucepan..
- Add ½ cup vegetable stock to saucepan. Cover, turn up fire to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes..
- Taste and add salt if needed..
- Remove pan from stove and pour zucchini mixture into a blender. Allow to cool a bit. NOTE: If it's too hot, it can become dangerous..
- Once cooled, start blender on a medium-low speed and start to blend..
- Add potato flakes, turning the speed up a bit..
- Once potato flakes are incorporated, turn off blender and add the remaining vegetable stock..
- Process until you have a smooth, bright green soup..
- To serve room temperature, pour into bowls, add fresh ground black pepper to taste and serve..
- To serve the soup hot, return it to the saucepan and heat gently. Then pour into bowls, add fresh ground pepper to taste and serve..
Use an immersion blender to puree the zucchini/onion mix, or place in a blender. Return the pureed mixture to the saucepan. Combine chicken broth, onion, garlic and zucchini in a large pot over medium heat and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and purée with an immersion blender, add the sour cream and purée again until smooth. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust to taste.