Sausage Stuffed Zucchini. Search for recipe stuffed zucchini sausage. Whatever You Need, Whatever You Want, Whatever You Desire, We Provide. Stir in tomatoes, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, herbs and pepper.
One egg is all you need to bind the stuffing together. Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise. In the same skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic until sausage is browned; drain fat. You can make Sausage Stuffed Zucchini using 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Sausage Stuffed Zucchini
- It’s 4 of medium or 2 large zucchini.
- It’s 6 of sweet Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1 of large Spanish onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of red serrano chile, minced.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 cup of panko.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need of Salt and pepper to taste.
- It’s 1 cup of sour cream.
Heat a large skillet to medium heat and spray with nonstick spray. Add the zucchini pulp, onion, garlic and sausage. Pour the mixture through a fine sieve to drain the excess moisture. Transfer the sausage to the food processor and process until very fine.
Sausage Stuffed Zucchini instructions
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Slice the zucchinis in half..
- Scoop out the insides, reserve..
- Brush the zucchini shells with olive oil, sprinkle salt..
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the skin from the sausages.
- In a large saute pan on medium heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil. When it shimmers, add the sausage. Break up into small pieces, cook until brown. Reserve..
- Add the chopped onion, saute until soft..
- Add the garlic and serrano, cook for an additional minute. Reserve..
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to the pan, then add the reserved zucchini. Add the oregano. Sauté till slightly brown. Add the onion and sausage back to the pan. Stir to combine. Add salt and pepper as needed. Remove from heat..
- Remove the zucchini shells from the oven. Fill with the sausage mixture. Coat heavily with panko. Drizzle with remaining olive oil..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until panko is toasty brown..
- Serve with sour cream.
Add to the rest of the ingredients, add the breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley and mix well. Taste and season with additional S&P if needed. Fill the zucchini and squash shells, sprinkle with extra cheese. Chop the zucchini flesh and set aside. In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and let heat through.