Zucchini Pancakes. Grate the zucchini into a bowl using the large grating side of a box grater. Immediately stir in the onion and eggs. Blot grated zucchini with paper towels to remove moisture.
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place zucchini in a colander over a plate; let stand to drain. Squeeze and blot dry with paper towels. You can have Zucchini Pancakes using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Pancakes
- Prepare 2 of medium zucchini (approx. 1 lb).
- It’s 1/4 of medium sweet onion.
- It’s 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
In a bowl, mix egg, cheese, baking mix and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Drop four pancakes into skillet; press lightly to flatten. My mom used to make them when we were kids.
Zucchini Pancakes instructions
- Cut the zucchini into thin strips. Place them in a bowl, then add salt. Mix zucchini well with salt, then let it sit for about 10 minutes to release some liquid..
- Thinly slice the onion, and set it aside for use later..
- Beat 2 eggs well in a separate bowl..
- Add ingredients to zucchini in the order of onion, flour, eggs, and pepper. Mix well..
- Heat up a pan on medium heat and add olive oil..
- Add 1/3 cup of batter to the pan each time to cook. Cook both sides to golden crispy..
- Delicious zucchini pancakes ready to serve!.
It was a great way to get us to eat vegetables, and it was cheap since the main ingredient grew bountifully in the garden. The other reviewers missed the boat on the toppings, however. You have to put a little butter and some Parmesan cheese on top of these pancakes. Allow to drain for five minutes. Transfer to a cloth kitchen towel, and squeeze hard to extract as much moisture as possible.