Chicken Sausage Zucchini Alfredo. Get ready to make this easy low carb zucchini alfredo in minutes with just a few ingredients. Zucchini – We use a spiralizer to turn these into noodles. Chicken Sausage – Really any protein will do.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. Here is how you can achieve that. Directions: Heat a medium sized skillet over medium high heat. You can have Chicken Sausage Zucchini Alfredo using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Sausage Zucchini Alfredo
- You need 4 quarts of water.
- It’s 16 oz of egg noodles.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of sweet yellow onion, émincéd.
- You need 100 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of zucchini, julienned.
- You need 2 cups of yellow squash, paysanned.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 3 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 2 tsp of basil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 8 oz of cream cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 2 tsp of parsley.
- It’s 1 lb of chicken sausage.
- You need 8 oz of grape tomatoes.
Add sliced sausage and brown on both sides. Stir in alfredo sauce, garlic powder, and parmesan cheese until ingredients are coated with the sauce. Heat for another minute or until heated. Chop the zucchini flesh and reserve.
Chicken Sausage Zucchini Alfredo instructions
- Prep the vegetables, parmesan, and sausage. Let the cream cheese and butter soften..
- Boil four quarts of water in a large pot, then add the egg noodles, 1/2tsp salt, and boil for 6 minutes until al dente..
- In a large skillet, sauté the garlic and onion in olive oil on low heat until yellowed..
- Add the zucchini and squash. Season with salt, pepper, and basil. Sauté about 10 minutes: until most of the moisture is gone from the pan. Make sure to drain the pasta and set aside in the pot..
- Create room in the pan to melt the butter and slowly mix in the milk and cream cheese until melted. Dissolve the parmesan cheese into the sauce and season with parsley..
- Add the sausage and let the sauce thicken. When the sauce is the consistency of yogurt, mix it into the egg noodles..
- Serve with grape tomatoes, extra parmesan, and parsley as a garnish!.
Lightly oil a non-stick skillet and set over medium heat. Instead of pasta noodles, zucchini slices are used to make zucchini lasagna. Instead of ground beef or sausage, lean chicken is used to make this lovely chicken alfredo lasagna. Zucchini slices make a wonderful alternative to lasagna noodles. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.