Zucchini with Olive oil and Mint. Cut the zucchini into quarters lengthwise, then across into ½ – ¾-inch long chunks. Heat the olive oil in a wide skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil starts to shimmer, add the scallions.
Zucchini with Olive Oil, Brown Garlic, Basil and Mint. EVOO; Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the zucchini with the olive oil and crushed red pepper. Season generously with salt and pepper. You can make Zucchini with Olive oil and Mint using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Zucchini with Olive oil and Mint
- You need 2 of zucchinis.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- It’s 1 of medium sized onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of rice.
- Prepare 300 ml of water.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of dried mint.
- You need 1/2 tsp of white granulated sugar.
- You need of Salt to taste.
Transfer to a platter, garnish with mint and serve. Mix the olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic, and chili flakes in a bowl than add the zucchini wedges and toss to coat. Heat up the grill and once the coals are ready cook the zucchini turning every so often until fork tender. Arrange the zucchini in a platter and scatter the fresh mint on top.
Zucchini with Olive oil and Mint instructions
- Dice zucchini and carrot as big chunks. Chop the onion finely..
- First, add onion, some salt and sugar to the pot and stir fry until translucent. Add carrot and zucchini and continue stir frying until the vegetables get some color..
- Add mint and rice and stir. When you smell mint, add water and wait it to come to a boil. Turn down the heat to low and let it simmer until the vegetables are tender and the rice is cooked. It should take about 20-25 minutes..
Serve warm or at room temperature. Add enough olive oil to cover the zucchini and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature. Cut each zucchini in half by making a long, diagonal slice through the zucchini. (See photos in the blog post). Heat the oil in a large frying pan on high. Roll the leaves lengthwise into a cigarette shape and cut into thin ribbons.