Creamy Garlic Mushrooms on Toast, (with a poached egg). Remove toast from the toaster and butter it. Spoon the creamy garlicky mushroom mix over the toast, garnish with remaining chives. To take this dish up a level I sometimes like to top with a poached egg, this makes it extra delicious.
Pour in heavy cream and scallions (reserve a couple scallions for garnishing). Stir to combine, then remove from the heat and set aside. Brush both sides of the pieces of bread with olive oil. You can have Creamy Garlic Mushrooms on Toast, (with a poached egg) using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Garlic Mushrooms on Toast, (with a poached egg)
- Prepare of Serves: 1 person.
- It’s 160 g of closed cap mushrooms, sliced,.
- It’s 1-2 slices of wholemeal bread of your choice,.
- You need of Salted butter or diary free alternative, for the toast,.
- Prepare of Frylight or 1tbsp vegetable/sunflower oil for frying,.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, crushed finely, OR 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- You need 1 of and a 1/2 tsp of dried chives,.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of plain light cream cheese (or garlic & herb flavour),.
- You need of Salt and pepper to season.
- It’s of Optional:.
- Prepare 1 of poached egg. Instructions on how to poach egg at end of recipe.
Toast bread in a skillet over low heat until golden brown on both sides. Top each with a poached egg. Add milk & Worcestershire sauce and cook, stirring constantly. Boil for a couple minutes or until thickened.
Creamy Garlic Mushrooms on Toast, (with a poached egg) instructions
- Heat a medium pan over a high heat and add Frylight so it covers entire base of the saucepan. (Or if using regular oil add that and swill it around to coat the base in a thin layer)..
- Add the garlic and fry for 20 seconds then add the sliced mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper..
- Place the sliced bread in the toaster at your desired setting. Stir the mushrooms and garlic until they shrink down by half and then add the cream cheese. Turn the heat down low now so it doesn't split..
- Allow the cream cheese to melt into the saucepan and then stir through the mushrooms. Turn off the heat. Add 1tsp of chives, stir again to combine..
- Remove toast from the toaster and butter it. Place onto a plate. Remove the mushrooms from the heat and allow to cool for 30-40 seconds. Spoon the creamy garlicky mushroom mix over the toast, garnish with remaining chives..
- To take this dish up a level I sometimes like to top with a poached egg, this makes it extra delicious. To poach egg, gently add an egg to a bowl careful not to break the yolk, bring a small saucepan of water to a gentle rolling boil and add a tiny bit of white white vinegar..
- Using a timer, add the egg gently and remove after two minutes with a slotted spoon. Touch the top of the egg to feel if it's slightly firm to the touch and the white is cooked through. Gently place on a piece of kitchen towel to remove water. Season with salt. Then add on top of your mushrooms on toast..
Place egg on slice of hot toast. Add the garlic and parsley to the pan, reserving a little parsley for garnishing, and continue to stir for another minute or two. Remove the pan from the heat, add the quark, and stir well. Stir in cream and cook a few minutes. Toast the bread slices and arrange on individual plates.