Spicy Beef Shoyu Ramen. Drain the fat and add the soy sauce, brown sugar, and pepper. Cook for a couple of minutes, and place the beef in a bowl. Add the stock and shallots to the pot, and bring the stock to a simmer.
Flip and do the same for the other side. The Key Ingredients for Spicy Shoyu Ramen. Since we're making Spicy Shoyu Ramen today, the key ingredient for the recipe is spicy chili bean paste (la doubanjiang). You can have Spicy Beef Shoyu Ramen using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Beef Shoyu Ramen
- You need 4 of green onions, chopped (white and green parts separated).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of finely chopped fresh ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes (or sambal oelek).
- You need 3 tbsp (45 ml) of olive oil.
- You need 4 cups (1 litre) of beef broth.
- Prepare 2 cups (500 ml) of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp (15 ml) of fish sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp (15 ml) of soy sauce.
- Prepare 225 g of ramen-style noodles.
- It’s 1 of sirloin steak, about 9 oz (250 g).
- It’s of Bean sprouts, as desired.
- It’s of Chopped fresh cilantro, as desired.
- Prepare of Lime wedges (optional).
- You need 1/2 cup of Mushrooms.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of broccoli.
- It’s 2 of eggs fried.
You can always make slight modifications to the spiciness level. If you can't handle spicy food at all, you can use regular chili bean paste (doubanjiang) instead. More about this Broad Bean Paste (Doubanjiang) on this post and. In a pressure cooker sear the beef shank with cooking oil until golden brown on all sides.
Spicy Beef Shoyu Ramen step by step
- In a saucepan over medium heat, soften the white parts of the onions, the garlic, ginger, mushrooms and red pepper flakes in 2 tbsp (30 ml) of the oil. Add the broth, water, fish sauce and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Adjust the seasoning..
- Add the noodles and cook for 3 minutes or until tender. Add broth, if needed..
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over high heat, brown the steak on both sides in the remaining oil until the desired doneness. Season with salt and pepper. Let rest for 5 minutes on a work surface, and then slice..
- Ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with the meat, bean sprouts, the green parts of the onions, fried eggs and the cilantro. Serve with lime wedges, if desired..
- Please don't forget to tag @appetizing.adventure on Instagram with a picture if you try this recipe!.
Marinate the beef overnight in the soy sauce, pear, sugar, garlic, gochujang, sesame oil, and ginger. Heat the vegetable oil in a pan and grill the meat until charred on both sides. Cook noodles as per the package instructions. This sweet shoyu beef ramen makes use of everything in the instant noodle packets — the noodles, seasonings and even the garnish. Sweet and spicy beef, scallions, chili oil, in a spicy shoyu broth.