Instant Pot Filipino Chicken Adobo. Whisk vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, olive oil, brown sugar, and crushed peppercorns in a bowl until sugar is dissolved. Stir bay leaves into the sauce. Line the bottom of a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) with onion slices.
Chicken Adobo is a Filipino chicken stew that is both sweet and savory, and made in an Instant Pot for a flavorful weeknight meal that the whole family will love! For even more delicious pressure cooker recipes, check out the Instant Pot Recipes page. Instant Pot Filipino Chicken Adobo is a traditional Filipino dish served with rice, made faster with the help of your modern pressure cooker. You can have Instant Pot Filipino Chicken Adobo using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Filipino Chicken Adobo
- You need 1 of whole chicken cut in several small pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of black peppercorns, roughly cracked.
- You need 3-4 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chopped scallions (Optional).
This recipe includes cooking options for using an Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, stovetop, and slow cooker. Remove chicken thighs and set on a foil-covered sheet pan. The classic Filipino dish – Chicken Adobo – marinated in vinegar, soy sauce, peppercorns, and garlic then cooked in the pressure cooker (instant pot). NOTES on Ingredients for Instant Pot Chicken Adobo Filipino Chicken Adobo Instant Pot – a delicious Filipino comfort food cooked with chicken in a savory, slightly tangy & mildly sweet, soy sauce based sauce.
Instant Pot Filipino Chicken Adobo instructions
- Whisk vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, olive oil, brown sugar, and crushed peppercorns in a bowl until sugar is dissolved. Stir bay leaves into the sauce..
- Clean and cut up whole chicken is small sizes..
- Line the bottom of a multi-functional pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®) with onion slices. Place chicken on top of onions and pour vinegar-soy sauce over top. Close and lock the lid..
- Select high pressure according to manufacturer's instructions; set timer for 10 minutes. Allow 10 minutes for pressure to build..
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil..
- Release pressure using the quick-release method according to manufacturer's instructions, about 5 minutes. Unlock and remove the lid. Using tongs, transfer chicken to the prepared baking sheet, skin-side up. Select Sauté function and cook until sauce thickens, 3 to 5 minutes..
- Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler to high..
- Place chicken under the preheated broiler, and broil until skin is crispy, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer thighs to a serving plate and spoon sauce over the top. Garnish with chopped scallions..
Instant Pot Adobo Chicken won't take much of your time & would be ready with pantry staples. Preheat the Instant Pot on the sauté setting. When the inner pot is hot, pour in the cooking oil. Pressure Cook Chicken Adobo and Pot in Pot Rice: Coat the chicken with adobo sauce by dipping the skin side into the adobo sauce, then flip to place them skin side up in Instant Pot. This Instant Pot chicken adobo is delicious as a main dish for lunch or dinner.