Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice. Combine Chicken and Marinade ingredients in a bowl. Remove chicken from marinade (reserve marinade) and place in the pan. Do not cook the chicken all the way through.
Remove chicken from marinade (reserve marinade) and place in the pan. Chicken Adobo is a Filipino chickenrecipe that is well loved by many people. Steps to make Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice: Combine Chicken and Marinade ingredients in a bowl. You can have Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice
- It’s of Chicken and marinade.
- You need 1.5 lb of boneless skinless chicken thighs.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of + 2 tbs white vinegar.
- It’s 4 of bay leaves.
- You need of For cooking.
- Prepare 2 tbs. of Canola oil.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 of small onion diced.
- It’s 1.5 cups of water.
- You need 2 tbs. of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tbs. of whole black pepper.
- It’s of Toppings.
- Prepare 2 of green onions, sliced.
Adobo is a simple and hearty Filipino dish. In this version, chicken is marinated in vinegar and soy sauce, then slowly cooked with garlic and spices. Filipino Chicken Adobo Filipino Chicken Adobo is a standard dish in the Philippines. This adobo is not to be confused with Southwest or Mexican adobo, which is made from chile peppers and other spices.
Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice instructions
- Combine Chicken and Marinade ingredients in a bowl. Marinate for at least 20 minutes, or up to overnight2 green onion, sliced.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet over high heat. Remove chicken from marinade (reserve marinade) and place in the pan. Sear both sides until browned – about 1 minute on each side. Do not cook the chicken all the way through..
- Remove chicken skillet and set aside..
- Heat the remaining oil in skillet. Add garlic and onion, cook 1 1/2 minutes..
- Add the reserved marinade, water, sugar and black pepper. Bring it to a simmer then turn heat down to medium high. Simmer 5 minutes..
- Add chicken smooth side down. Simmer uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes (no need to stir), turning chicken at around 15 minutes, until the sauce reduces down to a thick jam-like syrup..
- If the sauce isn't thick enough, remove chicken onto a plate and let the sauce simmer by itself – it will thicken much quicker – then return chicken to the skillet to coat in the glaze..
- Coat chicken in glaze then serve over rice..
Instructions to make Filipino Chicken Adobo with White Rice: Combine Chicken and Marinade ingredients in a bowl. I only use white vinegar in adobo if I somehow run out of the others, and have to dip into my household cleaning bottle of white vinegar. The best way to eat chicken adobo is to have it with warm white rice. The combo is simply known as Chicken Adobo and Rice. Pouring some of the adobo sauce over rice before eating is a good idea because it makes it more flavorful.