Lime Chicken Adobo. Home cooking made simple with fresh weekly meal kits delivered to your door. Put a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Drain the chicken and put it in the pan skin-side down.
The next day, drain off juice, flip bird, and season skin heavily with kosher salt. Pat dry the skin and season both sides with Adobo and OBR rubs. Rinse and pat dry chicken pieces. You can have Lime Chicken Adobo using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lime Chicken Adobo
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 12 cloves of garlic, smashed.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of whole black peppercorns.
- You need 8 of chicken thighs, bone-in and skin-on.
- It’s 3 tbsp of honey.
In a large, heavy bottom, oven proof skillet heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Divide chicken and slaw evenly among taco shells. Whisk together the ancho chile powder, New Mexican chile powder, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, orange juice, lime. Toss roasted shredded chicken breasts with south-of-the-border flavors like adobo sauce, lime, and cilantro for these easy chicken-and-broccoli slaw tacos.
Lime Chicken Adobo step by step
- Trim any loose skin and as much fat as you can from the chicken thighs. Otherwise, the sauce will be a pool of grease..
- Put all the ingredients except for the honey into a baking dish. Cover and let marinate in the fridge for at least 30 minutes..
- Put a large non-stick pan on medium-high heat. Drain the chicken and put it in the pan skin-side down. Let fry for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over and let fry 5 minutes on the other side..
- Add the marinade to the pan along with enough water so the liquid comes about halfway up the chicken. Let simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove the chicken..
- Stir the honey into the sauce and let reduce until there's only about 1 cup left. Return the chicken to the pan and toss to coat. Plate the chicken. Strain the sauce and serve it on the side with some freshly steamed rice..
My Filipino family's chicken adobo recipe is very similar. A generous seasoning of granulated garlic can also be used in place of garlic cloves. A nice variation is also adding a little ground ginger. However, feel free to cook longer in low heat for a super tender chicken adobo. This can also be added as a part of the marinade.