Chicken and pork adobo. Season pork and chicken with salt and pepper and place in a stock pot. Rub with crushed garlic and torn bay leaf, and coat with vinegar and soy sauce. Pork and Chicken Adobo is a version of Filipino adobo using the combination of chicken and pork.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add soy sauce, water, peppercorns, chicken, vinegar, broth, garlic, and bay leaf; bring to a boil. This CPA (Chicken Pork Adobo) recipe is not much different from other versions made solely of chicken or pork, other than brown the pork, which requires longer cook time, a bit before adding the chicken to prevent the latter from falling apart while the former sufficiently tenderizes. You can make Chicken and pork adobo using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Chicken and pork adobo
- It’s 4 pieces of chicken (legs or thighs), bone-in and skin-on.
- It’s 1 lb of boneless pork shoulder steak, cut into 1 in strips.
- It’s 1 1/2 heads of garlic (about 18 cloves) peeled and crushed.
- You need 2 tbsp of whole black peppercorns.
- Prepare 4 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1/6 cup of rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 1/6 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soy sauce.
Place the chicken and pork pieces in a non-reactive bowl. Pour the marinade and ensure all the pieces are evenly coated. Heat the oil in a large pan. Saute the garlic and onion until aromatic.
Chicken and pork adobo instructions
- Throw all the ingredients into a medium pot. Add a 1/2 cup water and several grinds of freshly cracked pepper. Let marinate 30 minutes, mixing occasionally so all the meat has a chance to soak in the marinade..
- Put the pot on medium heat. Add enough water to almost submerge the meat. Cover and let simmer 1 hour until the pork is tender..
- Carefully remove the chicken and pork. Strain the sauce and skim the layer of oil floating on top. Put the pot on medium-high heat and return the sauce. Bring to a boil and let reduce while you crisp the meat..
- Put a medium pan on high heat. Add a splash of veg oil and lay the chicken and pork pieces in. Let fry for 2 to 3 minutes, then turn over to crisp the other side. Serve with rice, with the sauce on the side..
Add the chicken and pork pieces, its marinade and the bay leaves. The chicken can also marinate overnight. Place the chicken, bay leaves and marinade in a deep sided sauté pan and cook over medium heat. When the sauce is bubbling, turn the chicken and. Chicken Adobo and Pork with Pineapple Recipe.