Chicken and Pork Adobo. Season pork and chicken with salt and pepper and place in a stock pot. Rub with crushed garlic and torn bay leaf, and coat with vinegar and soy sauce. Pork and Chicken Adobo is a version of Filipino adobo using the combination of chicken and pork.
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add soy sauce, water, peppercorns, chicken, vinegar, broth, garlic, and bay leaf; bring to a boil. This CPA (Chicken Pork Adobo) recipe is not much different from other versions made solely of chicken or pork, other than brown the pork, which requires longer cook time, a bit before adding the chicken to prevent the latter from falling apart while the former sufficiently tenderizes. You can make Chicken and Pork Adobo using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Pork Adobo
- You need 250 grams of Chicken.
- You need 250 grams of Pork.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Garlic.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Soy Sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of White Vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of White Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of Rock Salt.
- Prepare 10 grams of Spring Onion.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of Black Pepper.
Place the chicken and pork pieces in a non-reactive bowl. Pour the marinade and ensure all the pieces are evenly coated. Heat the oil in a large pan. Saute the garlic and onion until aromatic.
Chicken and Pork Adobo step by step
- PREPARE THE INGREDIENTS – Chop the garlic. Slice the onion. Cut the chicken and pork into pieces..
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS – Put the pan to medium heat, add olive oil and sauté the garlic and onion..
- Add the pork and season with salt and pepper and then stir fry. Using the tongs, press down the skin on the pan. You may hear cracking sounds, don't be afraid, it's all good 🙂 Sear all sides of the pork until it becomes golden brown. I later decided to cut the pork into smaller pieces to cook faster..
- Add in the chicken, skin side down. Season with salt and pepper. And just like the pork, sear all sides..
- Add in the soy sauce and vinegar and let it simmer for 15 minutes..
- Adjust the flavor to your liking by adding water, sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer until the chicken and pork absorbs the liquid and releases their own fat..
- Garnish with chopped spring onions. Serve with hot steamed rice and enjoy! ©homebasedchef Variations: You may add chili if you want it spicy. You may add potatoes or hard-boiled eggs after the chicken if you want additional flavor and texture. You may add sliced tomatoes on the side to balance out the saltiness..
Add the chicken and pork pieces, its marinade and the bay leaves. The chicken can also marinate overnight. Place the chicken, bay leaves and marinade in a deep sided sauté pan and cook over medium heat. When the sauce is bubbling, turn the chicken and. Chicken Adobo and Pork with Pineapple Recipe.