Chicken and potato adobo soup. After the chicken is prepped season it with kosher salt and smoked paprika, add evo and sear in the Dutch oven and set aside. Here is how you do that. Get of Small white onion minced.
After a minute add the chicken. Stir fry the chicken until most of the liquid has evaporated. Add in soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, laurel leaf and black pepper. You can make Chicken and potato adobo soup using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Chicken and potato adobo soup
- It’s 1.75 of boneless skinless chicken thighs cleaned trimmed and cubed.
- It’s of Small white onion minced.
- It’s of Small red bell fine diced.
- It’s 2 of jalepeno minced.
- You need 2 of medium to large poblanos diced.
- It’s 6 of small garlic cloves minced.
- Prepare 32 oz of chicken stock.
- You need 28 oz of can crushed tomatoes.
- You need Bunch of cilantro chopped.
- You need 2 of limes.
- Prepare of Cumin.
- Prepare of Smoked paprika.
- You need of Thyme.
- It’s 1 pound of mini gold potatoes washed and halved.
- It’s Cup of diced carrots.
- It’s of Small can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce(seeds removed and finely minced).
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to chicken and potato adobo soup recipe. Here is how you cook it. With a slotted spoon, remove the potatoes and drain on paper towels. Add chicken including onions, garlic, and bay leaves.
Chicken and potato adobo soup instructions
- Prep all ingredients first.
- After the chicken is prepped season it with kosher salt and smoked paprika, add evo and sear in the Dutch oven and set aside.
- Add carrots, onion, bell pepper and jalapeño and cook until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, cumin and thyme with a couple pinches of salt and cook for another 5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add poblano and cook for a couple minutes.
- Add the stock, crushed tomatoes, 1/3 cup cilantro, chipotle peppers with the adobo, chicken and potatoes and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered for about 30.
- After 30 minutes check for seasoning and the squeeze in the juice of 1 lime and cover again for 15 to 20 or until potatoes are done.
- Serve with more cilantro and some lime wedges.
Cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned. Heat vegetable oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside. Saute the yellow onion in a tablespoon of the broth until tender over medium heat.