Classic Chicken Adobo. This classic chicken adobo is totally delicious! If there is a dish that the Philippines is known for it's got to be Adobo. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Ingredients of Classic Chicken Adobo
- Prepare pieces of Chicken cut into Adobo.
- You need 2 of Onions chopped.
- It’s 6 of garlic cloves smashed and crushed.
- It’s 1 of ginger chopped.
- Prepare of Peppercorns.
- You need leaves of Bay.
- You need of Adobo sauce.
- It’s 1-2 cups of soy sauce.
- You need 1 cup of vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of oyster.
- You need 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need Dash of sugar.
- Prepare Pinch of pepper.
This classic adobo recipe is simple to make and famous with all who have tasted it. It has been modified to be a bit more saucy than traditional adobo, it is delicious served over rice. The word "Adobo" means marinade, sauce or seasoning in Spanish. Since the Filipino Adobo requires stewing/braising.
Classic Chicken Adobo step by step
- Mix Adobo sauce together and put aside. Then in hot pan with hot oil cook chicken until brown then take out set aside take out excess oil..
- Sauté crushed garlic until fragrant onions and ginger, then add Adobo sauce add 1 cup of water return chicken pieces bring to a boil then simmer cover. Cook until chicken is chicken and tender.
- When Chicken is cooked turn off heat serve with hot rice..
Growing up in the Philippines in a family who enjoyed classic Filipino dishes such as bistek tagalog, sinigang na baboy, tortang talong, munggo guisado, and many other local dishes, this classic chicken adobo recipe is definitely a weekly dinner staple my Mom cook and serve for the family. Authentic Filipino chicken adobo is close to every Filipino's hearts as we all grew up devouring this. Place chicken in a foil-lined baking dish. Place a bay leaf and a peppercorn on each piece of chicken. Pour soy sauce, vinegar, and garlic over chicken.