Braised Adobo Chicken. Our Acapulco marinade is our most versatile sauce; it can be used as a base for mole, as a wet rub, as a base for soups or as an adobo sauce. Chicken adobo is extremely similar to Vietnamese braised pork thịt kho, but with vinegar and a more peppery kick. When Spanish colonizers saw this cooking method , they noticed how Filipinos used vinegar to marinate meat, which was similar to the Spanish term for marinating or pickling, "adobar." In a traditional Filipino chicken adobo, the meat is braised in soy sauce and vinegar until it collapses into slippery submission.
This month I got paired with Becky from Eat What We Eat, and I picked her Braised Adobo Chicken. All of Becky's recipes are interesting and flavorful, and I really like her photography style, so it was definitely hard to pick just one recipe to. We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let's go back to braised adobo chicken recipe. You can make Braised Adobo Chicken using 23 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Braised Adobo Chicken
- Prepare 6 of each chicken thighs-(I find thighs stay moist and do not dry out).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 2 teaspoons of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- Prepare 1 ounce of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 ounces of oil.
- You need 1 of small sweet onion — diced.
- It’s 1/2 of each red bell pepper — diced.
- You need 1/2 of each green bell pepper — diced.
- You need 1 stalk of celery — diced.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic — chopped.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cumin.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of orgeano.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of thyme.
- You need 2 cups of tomatoes- drained.
- It’s 2 cup of chicken stock.
- Prepare 4 ounces of tomato paste.
- It’s 3 ounces of chilies in adobo- purreed.
- You need 1 cup of corn.
- It’s 2 of scallions chopped for garnish :).
Here is how you cook it. These tender, spicy braised chicken tacos are made with simple ingredients, and come together quickly and easily in a cast iron skillet. Searing the chicken and then finishing low and slow gives new dimension. Add tangy pickled onions, peppery radishes and cool guacamole to seal the show-stopping deal..
Braised Adobo Chicken step by step
- Season the chicken with the first five seasoning and the 1 ounce of olive oil and let sit for 30 minutes..
- Add the 2 ounces of olive oil to a large hot saute pan and brown the chicken thighs. (do not burn ;).
- Pull the chicken out and set aside in the same pan add the onions,peppers,celery,garlic and the 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and saute for 4 minutes..
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Then place the chicken thighs in the sauce and simmer covered for 25 minutes. Stir occasionally so as not to burn. Should be lightly bubbling..
- With a soap spoon you can skim off any undesired excess fat that come to the top..
- Note – If the sauce is getting to thick you can add additional chicken stock. This can happen if the simmering temperature is to high..
- We served over rice.
Fillipino Chicken Adobo: a traditional Filipino meal, where chicken is marinated in, and/or braised with, vinegar, soy sauce*, bay leaves, and more. Mexican Chicken Adobo: a Mexican adobo sauce is made with three types of dried Mexican chiles, lots of spices, vinegar, garlic, onion and tomatoes and the chicken is braised/simmered in the sauce until tender. Add chicken skin side down and cook, lifting pieces with tongs once or twice toward the end to let hot fat flow underneath, until fat. When the Spaniards arrived, they saw how the Filipinos used vinegar to marinate their chicken, pork, and fish. The Spanish word 'adobar' refers to a marinade or pickling sauce.