Avocado toast. Mash the avocado with a fork in a shallow bowl until chunky. Season with fine salt and black pepper. Toast the bread until browned and crisp.
But before you write off this open-faced Instagrammable marvel, let's remember why we love avocado toast in the first place. I toast a slice of dark rye in the toaster oven, slice half an avocado and spread on the toast, sprinkle with a few grinds of sea salt, then for an extra boost of protein I add a fried or poached egg (cooked yolk). Toast the bread to your liking. You can make Avocado toast using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Avocado toast
- It’s 1/2 of avocado.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It’s 1 slice of bread (toasted).
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare of toppings:.
- It’s of maldon sea salt flakes.
- Prepare of red pepper flakes.
Meanwhile, use a wide spoon to remove the avocado halves from the peel, keeping them in large pieces. Drizzle the hot toast lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Let cool slightly, then place one avocado half on each slice of toast. Use the back of a fork to roughly mash the avocado into the.
Avocado toast step by step
- In a small bowl, combine avocado, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Gently mash with the back of a fork..
- Top toasted bread with mashed avocado mixture. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over desired toppings..
Here are a few easy ways to take your avocado toast up a notch. Add garlic: Lightly rub a peeled raw garlic clove over the top of your toast before adding the avocado, or mix a tiny pinch of garlic powder into the avocado. Add fresh leafy herbs or your favorite herbed sauce: Chopped fresh basil, cilantro, dill or parsley are all good with avocado. Get a frying pan, add in the olive oil, chickpeas, paprika, and sea salt. Toast the bread, mash avocado, and spread it all over the bread.