Avocado Toast. Mash the avocado with a fork in a shallow bowl until chunky. Season with fine salt and black pepper. Toast the bread until browned and crisp.
But before you write off this open-faced Instagrammable marvel, let's remember why we love avocado toast in the first place. I toast a slice of dark rye in the toaster oven, slice half an avocado and spread on the toast, sprinkle with a few grinds of sea salt, then for an extra boost of protein I add a fried or poached egg (cooked yolk). Toast the bread to your liking. You can have Avocado Toast using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Avocado Toast
- It’s 2 slice of of dark rye bread.
- Prepare 2 each of avocados.
- Prepare 2 each of breakfast radishes.
- Prepare 1 pinch of of maldon salt.
- You need 1 pinch of of coarse ground pink peppercorn.
- You need 1 pinch of zest of lemon.
- It’s 2 pinch of of hemp seeds.
Meanwhile, use a wide spoon to remove the avocado halves from the peel, keeping them in large pieces. Drizzle the hot toast lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Let cool slightly, then place one avocado half on each slice of toast. Use the back of a fork to roughly mash the avocado into the.
Avocado Toast instructions
- Toast the bread to your desire doneness..
- Peel the avocados and cut into slices. Also slice the breakfast radishes paper thin..
- When the toast is done lay out a fan of avocado slices on top and then lay on the sliced breakfast radishes over the avocados..
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle over the top with some hemp seeds. Lastly grate over some fresh lemon zest. Optionally you can finish with a drizzle of Meyer lemon infused olive oil or any of your favorite flavor infused olive oils to kick it up a notch..
Spread toast with olive oil; top with avocado slices. If desired, mash avocado slightly and drizzle with additional oil. Here are a few easy ways to take your avocado toast up a notch. Add garlic: Lightly rub a peeled raw garlic clove over the top of your toast before adding the avocado, or mix a tiny pinch of garlic powder into the avocado. Add fresh leafy herbs or your favorite herbed sauce: Chopped fresh basil, cilantro, dill or parsley are all good with avocado.