Avocado and Poached Egg Toast. Mash your avocado, leaving it as chunky as you like. Sprinkle a little salt onto the avocado. Poach your egg, or use a fried egg, whatever you prefer!
Combine shallot, red wine vinegar, and a pinch of salt in a bowl; set aside. Mash avocado with lime juice and salt in a second bowl. Add vinegar and reduce heat to a light simmer. You can have Avocado and Poached Egg Toast using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Avocado and Poached Egg Toast
- It’s 1 of Ripe Avocado.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lime.
- You need 1 tbsp of cilantro chopped.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 pinch of kosher salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of pepper.
- It’s 1-2 slices of Toast.
- You need 3 tbsp of vinegar for poaching the egg.
When the water is boiling, turn off the heat and carefully crack the eggs directly into each rim. While the eggs are cooking, toast the bread and smash the avocado on each piece of toast. These take poached eggs to a new level 🙂 Use thick slices of a wholegrain bread or use whatever you have on hand or prefer. Makes a nice meal for brunch, lunch or even an easy dinner 🙂 The cooking time is for bringing the water to a simmer and poaching the eggs.
Avocado and Poached Egg Toast step by step
- Boiled enough water to cover the egg when it lays in the bottom, make a whirlpool, drop the egg at the center, turn off the heat, cover the pot and poach for 5 minutes..
- Smash the avocado season with salt, pepper, lime juice mix well, and add chopped cilantro..
- Spread the avocado on the toast and place the poached eggs on top. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and fresh chopped cilantro..
If you are short of time or don't have lemon or lime juice just mash half an avocado straight onto each slice of toast, sprinkle. A highly popular and Insta-worthy breakfast, avocado toast certainly deserves its praise. Toast the slices of bread, until golden on both sides, peel and remove the stone from the avocado and mash half onto each slice of toast. Meanwhile, pour boiling water into a shallow pan and return to the boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer. Bring a pot of water to boil, turn off the heat and carefully tip the eggs into the water.