Bacon & Pumpkin Soup. Bacon is a type of salt-cured pork made from various cuts, typically the belly or less fatty parts of the back. It is eaten as a side dish (particularly in breakfasts), used as a central ingredient (e.g., the bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich (BLT), or as a flavouring or accent (as in bacon crumbles in a salad). Bacon is also used for barding and larding roasts, especially game, including.
Bacon-wrapped chicken, appetizers, and breakfasts. closeup of lil' smokies wrapped in bacon secured with toothpicks, displayed on a white rectangular serving dish. Grilled Bacon-Wrapped Corn on the Cob. Bacon is salt-cured meat cut from a pig's belly or back. You can have Bacon & Pumpkin Soup using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Bacon & Pumpkin Soup
- It’s 6 of rashers streaky bacon.
- You need 1 tbsp of sunflower oil.
- You need 15 grams of butter.
- It’s 1 medium of red onion, chopped.
- You need 500 grams of pumpkin cubed (weighed without skin, seeds or fibre).
- Prepare 1 medium of potato, peeled & cubed.
- You need 150 grams of red lentils (split), rinsed.
- Prepare 1200 ml of vegetable stick (hot).
- You need 1 tbsp of thyme.
- It’s 4 tbsp of creme fraiche.
It is served on its own, incorporated into meals (such as eggs and bacon), or used as an ingredient in dishes like sandwiches, soups, salads, and even sweets like maple bacon ice cream. The extensive Bacon Freak gourmet bacon selection includes the classics to the uncommon. Gathered from distinctly different places around the US, think deep south, Eastern mountain range and the good ol' Midwest, to accumulate distinctly different bacon. Remove the baking sheet from the oven and use.
Bacon & Pumpkin Soup step by step
- Chop 4 rashers of bacon. Heat oil and butter and cook onions and bacon until onions are soft and bacon is not quite cooked..
- Add the pumpkin, potato, lentils, stock and thyme and season with pepper. Do not add salt yet – you may not need it. Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes..
- Purée with a hand blender or food processor until fairly smooth..
- Meanwhile, grill the rest of the bacon until crisp and break in to small pieces. Stir the creme fraiche in to the soup and re-heat, taking care not to boil..
- Serve sprinkled with bacon. For a veggie alternate, leave out bacon and serve sprinkled with roasted pumpkin seeds..
Turn the burner to medium and turn the bacon occasionally until each side is a light golden brown. Drain the cooked bacon on two layers of paper towel. For the oven method, line a ridged cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lay out the bacon strips without overlapping. Bacon is a gig-working app that is a risk free option for both businesses and workers. Simply create your account and post a shift for free.