Whole Roasted Chicken With Potatoes and vegetables:. Arrange in a large roasting pan, with shallots in center and carrots, potatoes, and lemon toward edges. Remove from oven, allowing chicken to cool. Carve chicken and serve with veggies (drizzle with gravy from the pan, if you like).
Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste; place in a large roasting pan. Arrange vegetables around chicken, add water to the bottom of the pan, and cover pan tightly with aluminum foil. Season with chicken seasoning or rub. You can have Whole Roasted Chicken With Potatoes and vegetables: using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole Roasted Chicken With Potatoes and vegetables:
- It’s 1 of Whole Chicken with skin or without (choice).
- Prepare 2 1/2 Tbsp of Kashmiri red chilli Powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 Tbsp of Ginger, garlic Paste.
- You need 1/2 Tbsp of red chilli Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 cup of thick yogurt.
- You need 1 of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tsp of mace and nutmeg powder.
- Prepare of Salt to taste.
- You need 4 Tbsp of oil or melted butter Potatoes cut into half as needed.
- Prepare as needed of Multicoloured capsicum cut into chunk.
- You need as needed of Tomatoes.
Place chicken in a roasting pan. Remove giblets from chicken and pat dry inside and outside with paper towels. Place the fresh vegetables in a large bowl. Drizzle on some extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle some pepper.
Whole Roasted Chicken With Potatoes and vegetables: instructions
- Wash the chicken and pat dry. Mix together yogurt, lemon, chili powder, ginger, garlic paste, Kashmir chilli powder, chilli flakes, cumin, coriander, mace and nutmeg powder, oil, salt and make into a smooth paste..
- Apply the chili paste all over the chicken, into the crevices and under the skin wherever there are gaps. If you have extra marinade remaining, you can use it to brush the chicken while it cooks..
- Cover and marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours or overnight. I highly recommend marinating it overnight in the refrigerator. If you leave it in the fridge, remove it 45 minutes before cooking to let it come to room temperature..
- Use an oven proof baking dish or tray and Tie the chicken legs together with a kitchen string and transfer it on dish / baking tray. Then take another baking tray / dish add all potatoes,tomatoes and capsicum rub some olive oil then sprinkle salt and paper. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 220°C for 90 minutes or 1 & 1/2 hours. Keep brushing the chicken with the fats and gravy from the pan every 30 minutes or so. Give it one final brush in the last 5 minutes..
- Once cooked, cover with aluminium foil and let it rest for 10-15 minutes. Cut, serve with all the veggies and potatoes Enjoy !! ✅NOTES: Cooking time will vary, depending on the size of the chicken, type of oven used, type of pan used, etc..
Use your hands to toss everything to get them combined and coated with olive oil. Dump them into a casserole dish. Season liberally all over with salt and pepper. Place potatoes, carrots and onion in a large Ziploc bag. Add olive oil to the bag, season with salt and pepper, and toss to coat.