Whole Roasted Chicken With Potato and Carrots:. Mix the carrots, potatoes, and remaining seasonings in a bowl with olive oil until well coated. Place the mixture around the chicken in the pan. Arrange the potatoes and carrots in an oven-safe baking dish.
Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken and season it with the remaining poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper. Rub the chicken all over with a pinch of salt and pepper and a drizzle of oil. Stuff the chicken cavity with the whole lemon and the thyme sprigs. You can have Whole Roasted Chicken With Potato and Carrots: using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Whole Roasted Chicken With Potato and Carrots:
- It’s 1 of Whole Chicken with skin or without (choice).
- Prepare 2 of & 1/2 Tbsp Kashmiri red chilli Powder.
- You need 1 of & 1/2 Tbsp Ginger, garlic Paste.
- You need 1/2 Tbsp of red chilli Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of red chilli flakes.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of thick yogurt.
- Prepare 1 of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of mace and nutmeg powder.
- You need of Salt to taste.
- You need 4 Tbsp of oil.
- You need Pinch of red food colour.
- It’s of Potatoes cut into half as needed.
- It’s as needed of carrots cut into chunk.
Place the chicken in the tray, on top of the vegetables. Arrange in a large roasting pan, with shallots in center and carrots, potatoes, and lemon toward edges. Season chicken with salt and pepper to taste; place in a large roasting pan. Arrange vegetables around chicken, add water to the bottom of the pan, and cover pan tightly with aluminum foil.
Whole Roasted Chicken With Potato and Carrots: step by step
- Wash the chicken and pat dry. Mix together yogurt, lemon, chili powder, ginger, garlic paste, Kashmir chilli powder, chilli flakes, cumin, coriander, mace and nutmeg powder, oil, salt, food colour and make into a smooth paste..
- Apply the chili paste all over the chicken, into the crevices and under the skin wherever there are gaps. If you have extra marinade remaining, you can use it to brush the chicken while it cooks..
- Cover and marinate the chicken for at least 2 hours or overnight. I highly recommend marinating it overnight in the refrigerator. If you leave it in the fridge, remove it 45 minutes before cooking to let it come to room temperature..
- Use an oven proof baking dish and add potatoes, and carrots slices to the bottom. Tie the chicken legs together with a kitchen string and transfer it on top of the veggies. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 220°C for 90 minutes or 1 1/2 hours. Keep brushing the chicken with the fats and gravy from the pan every 30 minutes or so. Give it one final brush in the last 5 minutes..
- Once cooked, cover with aluminium foil and let it rest for 10-15 minutes. Cut, serve with all the veggies and enjoy. ✅NOTES: Cooking time will vary, depending on the size of the chicken, type of oven used, type of pan used, etc..
Place chicken, breast side up, on a rack coated with cooking spray in a shallow roasting pan. Meanwhile, combine potatoes, carrots, onion, and halved garlic cloves in a large bowl. Place on roasting pan large enough to hold chicken and vegetables. Remove from oven, allowing chicken to cool. Carve chicken and serve with veggies (drizzle with gravy from the pan, if you like).