Aloo pyaj paratha without stuffing. Great recipe for Aloo pyaj paratha without stuffing. This is my own style of making paratha (Indian bread) using potato, onion and some spices. The interesting fact about these paratha is the potato-onion mixture is not stuffed inside paratha.
Now add little water / curd / butter milk to make soft dough of it. aloo paratha dough. Roast paratha on girdle or tawa from both side. Use a spatula to gently press the paratha so that it browns evenly. You can have Aloo pyaj paratha without stuffing using 10 ingredients and 20 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Aloo pyaj paratha without stuffing
- Prepare 2 of potato medium size boiled and mashed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of onion chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 2 tsps of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 cup of wheat flour.
- It’s 2 tbsps of oil for roasting paratha.
Repeat the same on the other side. Take the paratha off the fire and press a tissue paper to remove excess oil. To Serve: Serve hot with accompaniments like raita, pickle and chutney. In a large bowl, add in all the ingredients and make dough.
Aloo pyaj paratha without stuffing instructions
- Take a pan with 1 tsp oil, keep it on medium heat.
- Once oil is a bit warm add cumin seeds.
- As cumin seeds sizzles, add onion and salt.
- Cook it for 5-6 minutes until onion becomes soft.
- Add mashed potato and mix it well.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Mix it well and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn off the stove.
- Taste this mixture, the salt and chilli powder should be more than usually it will be in any curry because we will add wheat flour to this mixture later.
- Let it cool down this mixture for an hour.
- Add wheat flour and knead the dough (No water should be used), dough will be as shown below.
- Divide it in 10 equal portions.
- Take one portion make ball shape and then flat it with palms, take 2 tbsp of dry wheat flour in a bowl.
- Put the tawa on the stove top on medium heat.
- Dust the ball in dry wheat flour and Roll till its 5 inches diameter circle as shown below.
- Tawa will be warm by now put the paratha onto tawa and heat it for 30 seconds.
- Flip it over to the other side with spatula and cook it for 45 seconds.
- Again flip it and add 1/4 tsp oil, press it with spatula on side and let it cook for 10-12 seconds and then take it in to a plate.
- Repeat step 13 to 18 for each of the parathas.
- Serve hot with curd or tomato ketch up.
Grease your hands with some oil and take a small portion of the dough. And roll between the palms; sprinkle some flour over the rolling board and roll. Heat the flat pan and place the paratha; cook from both sides and in between smear some oil. No stuffing aloo paratha recipe explained using step by step pictures and a video. This is a very easy and tasty way to prepare aloo parata without any difficulties.