Apple, raisin, pecan, caramel baked french toast. Baked French toast with apples and caramel sauce. The consistency of the finished recipe will be similar to bread pudding! Beat eggs and add milk and sugar.
Apple Chips with Honey-Lemon Mint Yogurt Dip. Place apples on top of pecans and bread. Drizzle sauce over toast before serving. You can have Apple, raisin, pecan, caramel baked french toast using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Apple, raisin, pecan, caramel baked french toast
- Prepare 4 of slices of bread.
- Prepare 4 of eggs beaten.
- You need 2 tbsp of milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 3 of apples, grated.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped raisins.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of pecans (chopped or whole).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of caramel sauce for drizzle.
- It’s 1/2 of lemon or lime juiced.
Scatter the apples evenly on the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Pour the oatmeal mixture over top and spread evenly. This will fill the oven with steam as it simmers and help keep the bread pudding moist. Allow to cool to room temperature.
Apple, raisin, pecan, caramel baked french toast step by step
- Beat eggs and add milk and sugar.
- Dip bread into egg mixture.
- Grate apples with skin on. Add lemon to stop browning..
- Chop raisins and pecans (or whichever nut you have).
- Spray bottom of pan or casserole that will fit the bread with non-stick spray.
- Place egg soaked brwad into bottom on pan in one layer.
- Evenly distribute the apple, raisins, nuts and caramel topping..
- Bake in a 350°F oven for approx 40 minutes or untill set and browned.
Pour over bread pieces: stir to coat bread well. Mix topping ingredients until crumbly and sprinkle over top of bread. Luscious baked French toast made with whole slices of cinnamon raisin bread. I have a million baked French toast recipes in my arsenal (there are three in my upcoming cookbook!) because I think there's nothing easier on a busy morning than grabbing the casserole out of the fridge. French toast doesn't have to be so complicated.