Sabudhana Vada. Sabudana Vada, one of my favorite fasting snacks is a savory and mildly sweet patty featuring tapioca pearls (sago), potatoes, peanuts and herbs. It is naturally gluten-free and vegan. Sabudana vada, traditionally an ingredient used during fasts, sabudana is a favourite amongst Maharashtrians.
Sabudana Vada (also known as Sabakki Vada, Sugubiyyam Vadalu, Javvarisi Vadai) is a crispy fried Maharashtrian snack made using tapioca pearls (sago), boiled potatoes herbs, and mild spices. Crispy, golden brown, and crunchy these vadas are a delight to eat with a cup of hot ginger tea and coriander chutney as a tea time snack. In a bowl add the soaked tapioca, grated potatoes, chopped ginger, green chillies, curry leaves, crushed peanuts, cumin seeds, salt to taste, curd, coriander leaves, baking soda and mix everything properly and form a dough. You can make Sabudhana Vada using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Sabudhana Vada
- You need 1/4 kg of Sabudana / Topioca (soaked overnight after draining the water).
- Prepare 2 handful of Singdana / Peanuts (Roasted without skin).
- Prepare 3-4 of Hara Mirchi / Green Chillies (cut into small peices or grind coarsely with roasted peanuts).
- You need 3-4 of Batata /Potatoes (boiled, cooled and mashed and kept aside).
- You need To taste of Salt.
- Prepare Handful of Chopped Coriander Leaves (optional).
Sabudana vada is a popular crisp fried snack made with tapioca pearls (sago), roasted peanuts, boiled potatoes and herbs. These gluten-free and vegan snack are immensely popular as a fasting food among the Indian Hindu community. Sabudana vada are also served as a street food & tea-time snack in many parts of India. Learn all the secrets to make these delicious, crisp and fluffy sabudana vadas.
Sabudhana Vada instructions
- Take the Sabudhana (soak overnight) in a bowl..
- Add the cooled and mashed potatoes. Mix well. Then add the roasted Peanuts along with the cut or grinded Green Chillies. Add salt as required. I have grinded the roasted Peanuts and Green Chillies together (coarsely)..
- Take a ball of it in your palm and press it. You can coat the Vada with Peanut powder or Rava / Sooji if you want. Put it in hot oil and fry. Don't forget to put it on Tissue Paper so that extra oil is removed from the Vadas..
- Serve with Sweet Dahi (during Upwas) or with Coriander Chutney or Tomato Ketchup..
Sabudana vada with step by step pictures and video. It's a popular street style food in Maharastra, made using Sago, potato and peanuts. I learnt this recipe of sabudana vada from my from my friend who makes this so yummy and consistently perfect too. Whenever we meet for any tea/potluck we insist her to make […] Sabudana Vada is a Maharashtrian delicacy made with sago, mashed potatoes, ground peanuts, chilies, and cumin seeds. All the ingredients are mixed together, rolled into small balls, and then fried into crispy and delish fritters.