Creamy Chicken with Mushroom Sauce. Remove chicken from large saucepan to a plate. Place mushroom mixture in large saucepan and stir to loosen brown bits from bottom of pan. In a small cup, dissolve cornstarch with cold water and add to cream.
And it's a notch above the usual basic mushroom sauce recipes, thanks to a splash of white wine, parmesan and chicken stock/broth. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and add onion, mushrooms and garlic; saute until golden brown. Crisp-tender chicken baked to perfection, smothered in the most creamy mushroom sauce easily made from scratch! You can make Creamy Chicken with Mushroom Sauce using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
- Prepare 1 of Chicken Breast, cut in cubes.
- Prepare Half of Onion, diced.
- Prepare 5-7 of Mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 100 g of Whipped Cream (liquid cream).
Chicken thighs smothered in the most amazing, most creamy, most heavenly mushroom sauce of all time. And yes, it's made completely from scratch. There's no condensed canned soups involved here. This Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce is a simple, yet elegant dish; featuring boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a delicious, creamy, white wine and mushroom sauce.
Creamy Chicken with Mushroom Sauce instructions
- In a pan, fry the onions with a bit of oil until translucent.
- Add the chicken and stir fry until the chicken is cooked and starts getting a bit brown.
- Throw in the mushrooms and stir fry for 2 more minutes.
- Pour in the cream and turn off the heat (leave heat longer if you prefer thicker creamy sauce).
- Stir a bit the mix so that the cream covers everything (the cream should get a brown color from the rest).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Best served on top of some rice for example.
In the same skillet, begin preparing the sauce by adding the butter. Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, cook for two minutes at a high boil. To make the sauce add the chicken broth, heavy cream, cream cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat and whisk until smooth.