WOW !!! Swiss (Zurich) Pork with Mushroom Cream Sauce. Remove pork chops and cover to keep warm. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in wine, heavy cream, and bouillon.
Fry the veal, pork or beef strips covered with flour in vegetable oil. Sauté the veal in batches for a few minutes until they are just cooked. Use a slotted spoon to remove the meat to a bowl and set aside. You can have WOW !!! Swiss (Zurich) Pork with Mushroom Cream Sauce using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of WOW !!! Swiss (Zurich) Pork with Mushroom Cream Sauce
- It’s 300 gr of Pork Filet (Originally Veal was used but I cannot taste Difference lol).
- Prepare 100 Gr of Button mushrooms – thinly sliced.
- It’s 2 Sprigs of Thyme.
- It’s 100 Gr of Butter (I used salted).
- It’s 1 of White onion Finely Chopped.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of AP Flour.
- Prepare 1 of Pork stock cube.
- It’s 300 ml of Cream (I use whipping but any is good).
- You need 300 ml of Water.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Paprika.
- Prepare of Zest from 1 Lemon.
- It’s of Black Pepper to Taste – I love ALOT :).
Add the remaining butter to the pan and cook the mushrooms, onion and garlic until they have softened. The traditional veal emice "Zurich style" in creamy mushroom sauce is arguable one of the most famous dishes in Swiss cuisine along with Fondue and Raclette of course. This is a sort of a la minute dish which I mostly prepare if I do not have time for any prolonged cooking. But the creamy mushroom sauce and the tender veal are always.
WOW !!! Swiss (Zurich) Pork with Mushroom Cream Sauce instructions
- Put the butter into a Frying Pan on High heat once melted add the Thyme and let the butter absorb the flavours then add onion and fry until slightly Golden but NOT browned.
- Slice the pork about 1 cm thick lay on a board and cover with Cling film – drop a few drops of water on top (Chef Trick) and hit with a meat hammer or and large pan or anything to make into about 0.5cm thick – you want to be able to cook the meat in about 1-2 minutes but must be thin !.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for about 2 mins until start to soften then add 1 Tbsp Ap Flour by Sprinkle over the Mixture – stir then add the water and the stock cube and the paprika – the sauce should become quite thick. Now I remove the stems of the Thyme using tongues..
- Add the cream and everything should be bubbling – I sometimes add more water if sauce to thick as you want it slightly runny when you serve – quickly add the bashed pork and stir – I cook for no more then 2 mins then remove from the heat. let it rest in the pan for another 2 mins then Serve..
- Normally serve with Fried Grated potatoes or rice – but I did with Steak fries as I was hungry :).
Add the wine to deglaze the bottom of the pan, using a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits. Stir in the cream and season to taste with paprika, salt and pepper. Let bubble for a few minutes until hot, then stir in the lemon juice and serve sprinkled with fresh. Zurich Ragout-or Zürcher Geschnetzeltes in German-is known as Züri-Gschnätzlets (Zsur-ē-Gshnetz-lets) in the Swiss-German dialect. This simple ragout or stew recipe in a white sauce is made with mushrooms and white wine.