Stir Fry Bok Choy with Creamy Mushrooms Sauce. Transfer bok choy to a warm serving dish. In same wok add other half of the oil. Stir Fry Bok Choy with Creamy Mushrooms Sauce.
If you like bok choy or just want to try out a simple bok choy stir-fry recipe, this is a simple one to try. We also like cooking with baby bok choy, which is smaller than full-sized bok choy, but has a similar taste and is virtually interchangeable with regular bok choy. The wok may seem crowded, but the leaves wilt quite a bit. You can make Stir Fry Bok Choy with Creamy Mushrooms Sauce using 11 ingredients and 26 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Stir Fry Bok Choy with Creamy Mushrooms Sauce
- It’s of bok choy stir fry.
- Prepare 1 head of bok choy ( chinese cabbage).
- You need 1/4 cup of vegetable oil or canola oil.
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of light brown sugar.
- It’s of mushrooms sauce.
- It’s 6 oz of fresh portabella mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1 tsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of light brown sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of corn starch paste.
Stir Fry Bok Choy with Creamy Mushrooms Sauce. stir fry bok choy with creamy mushrooms sauce, The Foods You Select To Feed On Are Going To Effect Your Health Use Food to Boost Your Mood Stir Fry Bok Choy with Creamy Mushrooms Sauce is one of the most well liked of current trending foods on … Rinse and thoroughly dry bok choy in a salad spinner. Heat a wok or large frying pan (not nonstick) over medium-high heat until hot when you wave your hand over the bottom. Add carrots and bok choy and cook a few more minutes. Cover and cook until vegetables are almost cooked.
Stir Fry Bok Choy with Creamy Mushrooms Sauce step by step
- Slice portabella mushrooms into strips..
- If you have some broken pieces thats ok just chop them into bite sized chunks..
- Toss the chunks in a bowl with the slices.. its all good! Set aside..
- Cut core off bok choy. Toss out core..
- Pick through bok choy, trim off any bad parts.. throw those yucky brown bad parts away..
- Under cool running water wash your bok choy. Using your thumb to scrub and making sure u pull the leaves outward to get in crevices. This is to wash away any little critters and dirt..
- Place bok choy in a colander to drain for a moment. Continue until all are clean..
- Using a clean dry towel. Pat dry bok choy. Shake off any remaing water..
- Place back into collander and set aside..
- Grab a cutting board and a sharp knife ( i used a plate).
- Place One leaf at a time onto cutting board and slice down bok choy making strips..
- Place in a bowl and set aside for a few moments while u prepare to cook in next step. Continue until all bok choy is stripped…
- For the bok choy stir fry… Grab your wok.. place on stove. Place half the oil in wok. Heat until hot..
- Place bok choy into wok and stir fry for 2 minutes..
- Add soy sauce and sugar. Stir fry another 2 minutes..
- Transfer bok choy to a warm serving dish. Keep warm..
- In same wok add other half of the oil. Heat until hot..
- Add mushrooms and stir fry for 1 minute.a.
- Add soy sauce and sugar. Cook for another minute..
- Wisk milk with cornstarch paste..
- Pour over mushrooms..
- Stir fry until thickened..
- Pour mushroom sauce over bok choy..
- Serve and enjoy! Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- May be served alone or on top of or with rice. Or pasta…
- Alternative to portabellas you can use straw mushrooms or button mushrooms..
Add mushrooms and cook a few more minutes. Heat the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, pepper, garlic, and ginger. Add the lemon juice, soy sauce, and sugar. Sprinkle the mushrooms lightly with salt.