Smothered Steak in Creamy Mushroom Gravy. In small bowl, mix flour and water until flour is completely dissolved. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens. Add to gravy with browning sauce and seasonings.
Stir in the olive oil and onions. Stir in the mushrooms and minced garlic. Salisbury Steak Smothered with Mushroom Gravy Classic Recipe. You can have Smothered Steak in Creamy Mushroom Gravy using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smothered Steak in Creamy Mushroom Gravy
- You need 1 lb of tenderized round steak.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 4 cup of cooked white rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
For steaks, in shallow bowl, mix flour, salt, and pepper. Coat meat with flour mixture, shaking off excess. In small skillet, cook mushrooms in. Here is how you achieve that.
Smothered Steak in Creamy Mushroom Gravy step by step
- Add the oil to a deep skillet and heat on med-high.
- Season the steak with salt and pepper as desired (I prefer Montreal Streak seasoning), cut the steak into half inch strips and coat with flour.
- Add the steak to the skillet and cook until brown on all sides.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup and milk to the skillet and reduce heat to med-low.
- Simmer until gravy thickens.
- Serve over cooked white rice.
Ingredients of Smothered cream of mushroom Hamburger steak. Season steak, if desired, with salt and black pepper. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook steak, turning once, until desired doneness.*. Dredge the steak pieces in the flour. Coat all sides well; shake off excess.