Cabbage Rolls with Creamy Mushroom Sauce. Great recipe for Cabbage Rolls with Creamy Mushroom Sauce. I was a bit bored with the usual cabbage rolls. I made a variation with creamy white sauce, which my family loves.
Makes a great companion for plain roast beef. Cabbage Rolls with Mushroom Sauce recipe. Add rice, meat, salt, and pepper. You can make Cabbage Rolls with Creamy Mushroom Sauce using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cabbage Rolls with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- Prepare 10 of leaves or so Cabbage.
- It’s 300 grams of Ground meat – beef and pork mix.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 100 ml of Panko.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of ☆Soup stock granules.
- Prepare 300 ml of ☆Water.
- Prepare 1 dash of ☆Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 of packet Shimeji mushrooms.
- Prepare 3 small of King oyster mushrooms.
- You need 400 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 30 grams of Butter.
- You need 3 tbsp of Cake flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Soup stock granules.
- Prepare 1 of Dried parsley.
Place whole head in a large kettle filled with boiling water. Place a small handful of the rice & meat mixture onto a cabbage leaf and roll up from the stalk end, tuck in the sides and secure with the outer edge of the leaf to make a small parcel. Tuck ends up and just over the edge of filling; place one end of leaf over filling and roll up loosely. In a bowl, mix together ground pork, salt, pepper, onions, garlic, egg, and cornstarch.
Cabbage Rolls with Creamy Mushroom Sauce step by step
- Peel the cabbage leaves one by one. Shave off the hard core, and blanch the leaves lightly. Leave to cool..
- Chop the onion finely. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and microwave for about 1 minute at 500w. Leave to cool..
- Combine ground meat, onion, egg, panko and salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix and knead with your hands until sticky..
- Use 1 cabbage leaf if they're big, or 2 to 3 leaves if they're small or have holes in them, for each roll. Put some of the meat mixture on each leaf or set of leaves and roll up tightly..
- Place the rolls in a pan with the seam side down..
- Add the ☆ ingredients to the pan and heat. When it comes to a boil, skim off the scum..
- Cover with a piece of aluminium foil, and simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes..
- Make the white sauce. Take the root end off the shimeji mushrooms and shred apart. Cut the king oyster mushrooms in half lengthwise and crosswise, then slice about 3mm thick..
- Heat butter in a pan and sauté the mushrooms..
- When the mushrooms have wilted, mix in the cake flour..
- Turn the heat off and mix in the milk gradually..
- When the milk has blended in nicely, turn the heat on again and add 1 tablespoon of soup stock granules and salt and pepper to season. Simmer until the sauce has thickened..
- Put the simmered cabbage rolls on a plate, pour the sauce over them, and sprinkle dried parsley to taste. Serve..
- The tomato version of rolled cabbage is:.
Stuff meat mixture in cool cabbage leaves. Add chicken broth,salt and black pepper and whipping cream and. Cut the cabbage into thin strips. In a frying pan on a medium heat, add the oil and the mushrooms. Add the cooked cabbage and stir thoroughly.