Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce. Remove chicken from large saucepan to a plate. Place mushroom mixture in large saucepan and stir to loosen brown bits from bottom of pan. In a small cup, dissolve cornstarch with cold water and add to cream.
Chicken thighs smothered in the most amazing, most creamy, most heavenly mushroom sauce of all time. And yes, it's made completely from scratch. There's no condensed canned soups involved here. You can make Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- It’s 1 of chicken breast, skin removed and fat trimmed.
- You need 100 ml of fresh cream, equivalent to half a can.
- It’s 2 of cheddar cheese slices, the ones used for cheese burgers.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- You need 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare of paprika.
- It’s of nutmeg.
- It’s of black pepper.
- Prepare of salt.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat and add onion, mushrooms and garlic; saute until golden brown. The creamy mushroom sauce in this recipe is an excellent sauce for chicken breast, adding richness to what is an otherwise very lean meat. And it's a notch above the usual basic mushroom sauce recipes, thanks to a splash of white wine, parmesan and chicken stock/broth. In the same skillet, begin preparing the sauce by adding the butter.
Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce step by step
- To prepare chicken, trim fat from chicken breast. Slice the breast in two halves and carefully cut each breast half horizontally in the middle so that you have 4 thin slices..
- Rub the slices with vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika for a nice color..
- Cover and chill overnight..
- Remove chicken breast from freezer. Heat grill and cook till browned..
- To prepare the sauce, melt butter in a pan and add mushrooms. Stir for 1 minute..
- Add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste..
- Then add the fresh cream and stir..
- Add the slices of cheddar till the cheese melts..
- Keep stirring the sauce on medium heat until it thickens to your preference of thickness..
- Place 2 chicken breast pieces in each plate, dress it with the sauce and serve it with fries or baked potatoes..
Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, cook for two minutes at a high boil. This Chicken with Creamy Mushroom Sauce is a simple, yet elegant dish; featuring boneless, skinless chicken breasts in a delicious, creamy, white wine and mushroom sauce. Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Cream Sauce is an excellent go to if you are entertaining or want to prepare a meal for a special occasion. While the cream and cognac are a bit indulgent, this recipe is not as fancy as it seems.