Halloween Frosted Pumpkin Squares.
You can have Halloween Frosted Pumpkin Squares using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Halloween Frosted Pumpkin Squares
- Prepare 300 grams of self raising flour.
- Prepare 300 grams of muscovado sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of bicarbonate sodium.
- You need 3 tsp of ground mixed spice.
- You need 175 grams of chopped dried dates.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 200 grams of melted butter cooled.
- You need 4 of eggs beaten.
- You need of Zest and juice of half lemon (or orange).
- You need 1/2 of lemon zest.
- You need 425 grams of pumpkin shredded.
- Prepare of cream cheese frosting.
- It’s 90 grams of butter melted.
- Prepare 200 grams of tub of cream cheese (full fat).
- It’s of Zest of half lemon (or orange).
- You need 1 tsp of lemon juice or orange juice.
- Prepare 100 g of icing sugar.
Halloween Frosted Pumpkin Squares instructions
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line square tin.
- Measure all the dry ingredients into a big bowl..
- Beat the eggs into the melted butter and add the lemon zest an juice..
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg and butter mixture mixing well..
- When everything well mixed add the shredded pumpkin to the mixture..
- Pour mixture into prepared square tin and put in the oven for about 40 minutes. Until top browned and springy to the touch and skewer comes out clean..
- Frosting is made by adding cream cheese to the melted but cooled butter. Mix vigorously and add the 200 grams of sifted icing sugar. Add lemon zest and juice to flavour..
- When cake cooled you can frost it. It will last about 3 days in a sealed container in the fridge. That's if you can avoid the temptation.