Mushroom cream sauce for pasta. Add onion, garlic and minced mushroom stems. Add mushroom caps, cream and season with salt and pepper. If sauce is too thick add some of the reserved pasta water.
Remove from heat; add Parmesan cheese. Heat butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until butter is melted. Season with garlic, salt, and pepper. You can make Mushroom cream sauce for pasta using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mushroom cream sauce for pasta
- It’s 200 g of mushrooms.
- You need 1/2 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove.
- It’s 3 of tbp butter.
- Prepare 200 ml of cream.
- It’s 1 of pinch dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1 of tablespoon cornstarch.
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook and stir until reduced by half. Stir in cream, stock, sherry, rosemary, basil, thyme, salt, pepper and cayenne. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Mushroom cream sauce for pasta step by step
- Chop the onion into small cubes, the mushrooms into slices and grate the garlic clove.
- In a large pan, melt the butter, then sauté the onion and garlic until they are soft and the onion is semi transparent.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and move them continuously until the become brown and soft.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in about 4 spoonful of cold water. Add the cream, dissolved cornstarch, rosemary, salt and pepper to the pan and mix everything..
- Lower the heat to bring a slow boil, stir every 30 – 60 seconds but let sit in between so it thickens. Do this for about 3 to 5 minutes..
- Serve immediately over freshly cooked pasta..
Melt butter and heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring regularly. When they start to sweat, add a pinch of salt and pepper. How to make creamy mushroom sauce? Cook the mushrooms: Melt butter and olive oil together in a large frying pan then fry the mushrooms until they are golden brown.