Mushroom & Bacon Cream Sauce. A mushroom or toadstool is the fleshy, spore-bearing fruiting body of a fungus, typically produced above ground, on soil, or on its food source. The standard for the name "mushroom" is the cultivated white button mushroom, Agaricus bisporus; hence the word "mushroom" is most often applied to those fungi (Basidiomycota, Agaricomycetes) that have a stem (), a cap (), and gills (lamellae, sing. The entire mushroom is basically an enlarged, tender stem, that.
Popularly, the term mushroom is used to identify the edible sporophores; the term toadstool is often reserved for inedible sporophores. While completely edible, this deep-red, fan-like Reishi mushroom is most often consumed as a supplement in powder form, not used in cooking. It has long been utilized in Chinese medicine where it is believed to help with memory, open up energy channels, and even allow for immortal life. You can make Mushroom & Bacon Cream Sauce using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mushroom & Bacon Cream Sauce
- You need 1 (8 oz.) of Pack of Mushrooms, sliced thick.
- You need 3 Strips of Thick-cut Bacon.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Heavy Cream.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Corn Starch.
- You need of Olive Oil.
- It’s 5 Springs of Fresh Thyme removed from stems.
- You need Pinch of Sea Salt.
- You need Pinch of Fresh Cracked Black Pepper.
Ina then adds half a bottle of burgundy wine, a cup of chicken stock and a big sprig of fresh thyme to the pot. Once ingested, mushrooms generally cause feelings of nausea before the desired mental effects appear. Other effects can include nervousness and paranoia. Effects can be different during each use due to varying potency, the amount ingested, and a person's expectations, mood, surroundings, and frame of mind.
Mushroom & Bacon Cream Sauce step by step
- Fry bacon strips (Smithfield™ Thick-cut Apple, Hickory or Cherrywood are excellent) until well done and set aside..
- Saute Mushrooms (Baby Bella or White Button) for approximately 4 minutes until softened..
- Mix water and corn starch and whisk thoroughly..
- Crumble bacon and add to mushrooms. Stir..
- Add cream. Stir..
- Add Thyme. Stir..
- Add water + corn starch mixture. Stir well..
- Allow to come to a boil and then lower heat to medium-low..
- Continue cooking and stirring until sauce is thickened..
- Serve immediately..
Mushrooms are a rich, low calorie source of fiber, protein, and antioxidants. They may also mitigate the risk of developing serious health conditions, such as Alzheimer's, heart disease, cancer. If you know what a mushroom looks like, but don't know what it is, you can use this list to identify it. The mushrooms are grouped by family, so closely related mushrooms are listed together. Click on the pictures to enlarge them and click on the caption to show the details regarding the mushroom.