Spaghetti Aglio e Olio. Aglio e Olio, pronounced ah-li-oh eh oh-li-oh, translates to "garlic and olive oil.". Spaghetti aglio e olio is a traditional Italian dish that originated somewhere in the South of Italy likely in the area of Naples. It is packed with so much flavor, and it is amazingly garlicky without being too overpowering.
As with all of the best Italian recipes, this one is greater than the sum of its parts. Take a couple of basic ingredients from the pantry — dry spaghetti, extra-virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, red pepper flakes — and together they become one of the simplest yet most satisfying. How to make spaghetti aglio e olio. You can have Spaghetti Aglio e Olio using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- Prepare 1 pound of – thin spaghetti 🍝.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of – kosher salt 🧂🧂.
- It’s 2/3 cup of – extra virgin olive oil 🛢.
- It’s 6-10 cloves of – garlic, sliced.
- You need 2 tsp of – red chili pepper flakes 🌶🌶.
- It’s 1 of – lemon 🍋, squeezed (3-5 tbsp juice).
- It’s 2 cups of – heirloom tomato 🍅🍅, cut in half (1 pint).
- You need 1/2 cup of – fresh parsley ☘, minced.
- Prepare 3-4 quarts of – water (12-16 cups) 💧💧💧💧.
Cook the pasta: Start by bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until the spaghetti is al dente. Make the sauce: While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil to a medium-hot pan/skillet and add thinly sliced garlic and chilli / red pepper flakes. Allow the garlic to cook, until it.
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio step by step
- Bring water to a boil in large pot. Add kosher salt. Drop in pasta and set timer for 10-12 mins..
- Add half the olive oil (1/3 cup) to large cold pan with garlic and red chili pepper flakes. Heat on low-medium, shaking pan occasionally. You want the garlic to get a light golden brown color and gentle bubbles in the oil, but not too much..
- When 10-12 mins are up, add rest of the oil (1/3 cup) to garlic and red chili pepper flakes. Use tongs to transfer pasta directly to pan with garlic and oil..
- Mix pasta in energetically. Keep cooking in pan 4-5 more mins, adding few dashes of pasta water if pan looks dry..
- Transfer to large mixing bowl. Squeeze lemon in then add tomatoes and parsley. Toss and serve..
Cook for a minute, add the peperoncino and cook another minute, shaking the pan now and then, until the garlic slices are an even light gold. Bring a pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the spaghetti and cook until just shy of al dente. Drain, reserving a ladleful of the pasta cooking water. Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Lots of Kale. Alex Lau You will think this pasta recipe calls for an absurd.