Spaghetti Aglio e Olio Peperoncino with Cucumber and Celery. Great recipe for Spaghetti Aglio e Olio Peperoncino with Cucumber and Celery. I love aglio e olio pepperoncino, but it only contains carbohydrates and fat. So I add vegetables or protein to make it more a balanced dish.
Cut the cucumber into slightly thick sticks. Coarsely chop the leaves and thin stems of the celery. Start boiling the spaghetti in a generous amount of boiling water with salt (not listed). You can have Spaghetti Aglio e Olio Peperoncino with Cucumber and Celery using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Aglio e Olio Peperoncino with Cucumber and Celery
- You need 200 grams of Spaghetti.
- You need 4 slice of Bacon.
- Prepare 1 of Cucumber.
- Prepare 1 of whole Celery leaves.
- Prepare 3 clove of Garlic (finely chopped).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Red chili peppers (sliced).
- You need 1 of Salt.
- You need 1 dash of Pepper.
- It’s 100 ml of Pasta water.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- Prepare 5 of pieces Dried tomatoes.
This classic spaghetti aglio, olio e peperoncino recipe is the ultimate fast food – in the time it takes to cook the pasta you can have the sauce cooked and ready for the table. In his version, Antonio adds anchovy fillets which he finely chops and dissolves in olive oil. Spaghetti Aglio, Olio, e Peperoncino (Spaghetti garlic, oil, and hot chilli pepper) is my favourite pasta. Adding tofu and celery makes this pasta more substantial and nutritious.
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio Peperoncino with Cucumber and Celery instructions
- Cut the cucumber into slightly thick sticks. Coarsely chop the leaves and thin stems of the celery..
- Start boiling the spaghetti in a generous amount of boiling water with salt (not listed)..
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet, add the garlic and red chili peppers, and turn on the heat. Sauté them slowly until golden brown without scorching..
- Add the bacon and slowly sauté it until the fat comes out. It is easily burnt, so be careful not to!.
- Add the pasta water. Since not much oil is used, it doesn't emulsify easily, but if the fat comes out from the bacon, it should emulsify..
- Add the boiled pasta that has been timed to finish at this point, and mix it with the sauce. You will season it with salt and pepper here, but keep in mind that you will add the vegetable after this..
- Add the cucumber and celery leaves, turn the heat to high and briefly combine with the pasta. The vegetables are delicious when crunchy, so cook with the residual heat from here and do not overcook..
- These are homemade dried tomatoes that were stored in the refrigerator (freezer). https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/147072-too-delicious-to-be-true-dried-tomatoes (see recipe).
- To add the finishing touch to the taste, top the pasta with the dried tomatoes if desired..
I use celery leaves instead of Italian parsley. Many people throw away celery leaves so please try it this way; the leaf tastes quite similar to parsley! Ladle the reserved pasta cooking water to the pan. Allow it to simmer until the liquid reduces by about ⅓. Add the pasta to the aglio e olio sauce.