Pasta Aglio e Olio. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over. Ladle the reserved pasta cooking water to the pan. Allow it to simmer until the liquid reduces by about ⅓.
Toss for a few minutes, then turn off the heat and add parmesan and parsley. Cook for a minute, add the peperoncino and cook another minute, shaking the pan now and then, until the garlic slices are an even light gold. Pasta Aglio e Olio is easy to make, delicious to eat and the sexiest pasta recipe I know. You can have Pasta Aglio e Olio using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta Aglio e Olio
- You need 1 lb. of Fettuccine, Spaghetti, or other long pasta of choice.
- It’s 8 Cloves of Garlic (Sliced Thin).
- Prepare 1 (2 oz.) of Can Anchovies (Optional).
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Butter (Optional).
- You need 1/2-1 tsp of Red Pepper Flakes (To Taste).
- You need of Salt (To Taste).
- Prepare of Black Pepper (To Taste).
- You need 1 Cup of Freshly Grated Parmesan.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Fresh Parsley (Chopped).
- Prepare 1/2 of Lemon (Juice, Garnish, Optional).
There are certain dishes that just aren't worth messing with — and spaghetti aglio e olio is one of them. As with all of the best Italian recipes, this one is greater than the sum of its parts. Take a couple of basic ingredients from the pantry — dry spaghetti, extra-virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, red pepper flakes — and together they become one of the simplest yet most satisfying. Spaghetti aglio, olio e peperoncino is a quick, surprisingly healthy, easy to make recipe that every Italian makes at LEAST once a month.
Pasta Aglio e Olio instructions
- Cook Pasta, according to package directions, in a pot of boiling, salted water. Reserve 1 – 2 Cups of Pasta Water..
- In a deep Skillet or pot, heat Olive Oil over Medium Heat. Add Butter, if using. Once Butter has melted, Add Garlic, Anchovies, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt, & Pepper. Turn heat down to Medium Low, and gently toast the Garlic. It must not burn. Break up Anchovies and allow them to Melt down into the Sauce. Cook for about 5 Minutes, or until Garlic is lightly browned..
- Turn off heat. Add Pasta and a Ladle or 2 of Pasta Water to the Olive Oil. Mix thoroughly. Add most of the Parmesan and the Parsley. Mix. Taste for seasoning. Add more Salt and Pepper, if needed. Top with remaining Parmesan and Parsley. Serve, and garnish with a little squeeze of Lemon..
In fact, this is the ultimate go-to pasta that they make when they're short on time and/or ingredients. Whack garlic with the side of a chef's knife to crush; peel off skins. Heat ¼ cup oil in a large heavy pot over medium. Pasta Aglio e Olio, this Italian classic recipe is the quintessential weeknight pasta dinner. It is packed with so much flavor, and it is amazingly garlicky without being too overpowering.