Spaghetti Aglio e Olio. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large saute pan over. Aglio e Olio, pronounced ah-li-oh eh oh-li-oh, translates to "garlic and olive oil.". Spaghetti aglio e olio is a traditional Italian dish that originated somewhere in the South of Italy likely in the area of Naples.
Take a couple of basic ingredients from the pantry — dry spaghetti, extra-virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, red pepper flakes — and together they become one of the simplest yet most satisfying. Bring a pot of water to a boil, salt it, add the spaghetti and cook until just shy of al dente. Drain, reserving a ladleful of the pasta cooking water. You can have Spaghetti Aglio e Olio using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Aglio e Olio
- You need 500 gms of Durum Wheat Spaghetti.
- You need 1 Cup of Finely Chopped Garlic.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Red Chili Flakes.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need as per taste of Salt,.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Fresh Parsley, Finely Chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Finely Grated Parmigianino-Reggiano Cheese.
It is packed with so much flavor, and it is amazingly garlicky without being too overpowering. Serve with wine and crusty garlic bread! Cook for a minute, add the peperoncino and cook another minute, shaking the pan now and then, until the garlic slices are an even light gold. How to make spaghetti aglio e olio.
Spaghetti Aglio e Olio step by step
- Boil the Spaghetti with liberal amount of Salt. It should be cooked a little less than "Al Dente". Al Dente means that it should be firm when beaten into and not overcooked or Soggy. Drain and Keep aside. Drizzle some olive oil and mix well. Retain the starchy water to be used later..
- Heat the Olive Oil in a pan. Add the Finely Chopped Garlic and stir fry for 3 minutes. Add the chilli flakes and mix well..
- Add the boiled and drained Spaghetti and stir fry well for 2 mins. Add about 2-3 cups of the drained starch water to the spaghetti and cook on high flame until the water dries and the spaghetti is well coated in the mixture. Remember that this water has a liberal amount of Salt added to it and therefore check salt accordingly..
- Add Oregano and turn off flame. Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve hot with Olive oil and grated Parmigianino-Reggiano cheese..
Cook the pasta: Start by bringing a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook until the spaghetti is al dente. Make the sauce: While the pasta is cooking, add olive oil to a medium-hot pan/skillet and add thinly sliced garlic and chilli / red pepper flakes. Allow the garlic to cook, until it. Spaghetti Aglio e Olio with Lots of Kale.