Scarlett's pasta or Spaghetti Aglio e Olio (spaghetti with oil and garlic). Great recipe for Scarlett's pasta or Spaghetti Aglio e Olio (spaghetti with oil and garlic). Continuing with the Italian theme here is another simple and quick pasta dish, Spaghetti Aglio e Olio. I first came across this dish while watching a the movie about food called 'Chef'.
Add garlic and stir frequently until the garlic is golden brown. Add red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Add the drained spaghetti directly to the pan. You can make Scarlett's pasta or Spaghetti Aglio e Olio (spaghetti with oil and garlic) using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Scarlett's pasta or Spaghetti Aglio e Olio (spaghetti with oil and garlic)
- It’s of To cook the pasta:.
- It’s 4-5 cups of water (to cook pasta).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of salt.
- It’s 250 g of pasta Spaghetti.
- It’s of To make the garlic parsley oil sauce:.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s 100 g of soft unsalted butter.
- It’s 5-6 cloves of garlic, finely sliced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chilli flakes.
- You need To taste of salt and pepper.
- You need 3-4 tablespoons of pasta water (to loosen the pasta).
- It’s 1 of lemon, sliced in half.
- It’s 1/2 bag of fresh parsley, roughly chopped (use more or less depending on preference).
- You need of For garnish:.
- You need 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, grated (add more or less depending on preference).
Recipe: Pasta Aglio e Olio from the movie Chef. Summary: Pasta Aglio e Olio translates as spaghetti with garlic and oil in Italian). Traditional, simple, luxurious, easy-to-make meal with ingredients you always have on hand. Drain, reserving a little of the.
Scarlett's pasta or Spaghetti Aglio e Olio (spaghetti with oil and garlic) instructions
- In a stockpot add water and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling season water with salt. Add pasta to the pot and cook pasta, until al dente or according to the instructions on the packet (8-10 minutes)..
- In a large pan or wok on medium to low heat, add olive oil and the butter. Let the butter fully melt, and then add the thinly sliced garlic and stir frequently to prevent garlic from burning. Gently cook off the garlic until it is lightly golden brown on the edges, then add in the chilli flakes, season with salt and pepper and stir..
- Once the pasta has cooked, turn off the heat. Drain and add the spaghetti directly to the pan (add reserved pasta water if needed). Add garlic oil, mix and toss spaghetti until it is thoroughly coated. Remove pan from heat. Squeeze half a lemon and mix well together..
- Add the fresh parsley and a generous amount of grated parmesan cheese. Mix well together. Squeeze in the remaining half a lemon and stir. Taste and season if needed (add more pepper or salt depending on preference). Stir and mix thoroughly together..
- Serve with a final garnish grated parmesan. Serve and eat immediately while hot..
Chop parsley fine and set all this aside. Have all your ingredients handy and ready since you will need to get to them quickly. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Drain and transfer to a pasta bowl. Combine garlic and olive oil in a cold skillet.