Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Chicken Breast. Remove the broccoli to paper towels, drain very well and let cool slightly. Place chicken, smooth sides down, on work surface; spread with cream cheese mixture. Starting at one short end, tightly roll up each breast.
Cut a deep pocket into each chicken breast with a sharp knife. Stuff each breast with broccoli-cheese mixture, place in the prepared casserole, and sprinkle with poultry rub. Remove the broccoli from the microwave and drain it very well on paper towels. You can make Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Chicken Breast using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Chicken Breast
- You need 4 of Large Chicken Breasts.
- You need of Salt & Pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 (12 oz) of bag Steamable Broccoli Florets.
- Prepare 1 of diced Bell Pepper (any color).
- Prepare 2 cups of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
- You need 2 tbsp of Mayo.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
Chop the broccoli into small, pea-sized pieces then add it back to the bowl. To the bowl, add the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, chives, ¼ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Arrange the chicken breasts on a cutting board, and using a. Cut a pocket in each chicken breast, making sure not to cut all the way through.
Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Chicken Breast step by step
- Preheat Oven to 425° Fahrenheit.
- Cut a Pocket in each chicken breast for filling. Be careful not to cut all the way through..
- For the filling: Follow the instructions on the broccoli for preparation. While that’s cooking dice your bell pepper. After broccoli has cooled some dice it up smaller if you prefer. Combine broccoli, bell pepper, cheese, mayo & 1 tsp of the garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste..
- Mix the filling until combined. Then divide the mixture evenly between the chicken breast. Using toothpicks to secure if necessary..
- Season both sides of the chicken breast with salt, pepper, paprika & 1 tsp of garlic powder..
- Heat a large oven safe skillet (I prefer cast iron) over medium heat & add the Olive Oil. Sear the chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side. Cover skillet in foil and bake in preheated oven for 15-17 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°. Let rest 5 minutes covered before enjoying..
In a large bowl, combine cream cheese. Stuffing chicken breasts is a win-win: You get juicy meat that doesn't dry out plus a tasty filling. Follow along as Kelly Senyei shows us how to stuff chicken breasts, sear them on the stovetop. Season chicken breasts inside and out with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. In a bowl, combine chopped broccoli florets, cheddar cheese, and mayonnaise.